Official Blender Game Engine Competition Info

Ok I’ve got a fairly major question. (sorry to be a pain in the ass about this)

Its related to the first rule:

1. The content should be appropriate for viewing by a 16 year old. If you’re creating content that you think might not be suitable, then that might be a pretty good indication that it wouldn’t be suitable.

After thinking about my entry I’ve got a few ideas. One I’m particularly inspired to do and have pretty much decided on it.
The only problem is that its a Horror based game. eek

So after thinking about this ‘suitable for viewing by a 16 year old’ I decided that the contest would, in effect, fit all rating categories up to and including the MA15+ game rating we have here in Australia. (Im not sure about the rest of the world, so im basing this on Australian law)

Now this rating covers some pretty strong violence, sex and horror. Which all seems ok for people above 15. Of course my game wouldn’t include sex or nudity (clearly inappropriate), but would include a lot of horror and some violence. (The horror type I’m interested is more psychological horror, rather than the common gore based horror we see so much of these days, just to make that clear. So i dont think the amount of violence would be a problem.

So I’m just looking for a clearer explanation and clarification. If it is similar to the MA15+ rating, then that works perfectly, no problem. If not, then i don’t want to be spending months working on something that will, in the end, be inappropriate…

I guess another work around is to edit the final game into something more suitable, for the contest entry, while still having the original version available (with no relation to the contest) For those who want to full and intended game experience.

I hope thats all not to much, i know its early days here. But its something which is bugging me. I need a clear head to start a project this indepth… :confused:

I agree with Diamond.

You know what?

I’m not even going to worry about the whole fangame thing…

If its not allowed, we’ll make our character some other color and call him bonic or tonic or anything that isnt sonic

lol…

Anyway, good luck to everyone participating, and a big THANK YOU to MalCanDo for sponsoring this event.

@Blengine:
I’m kinda shooting myself in the foot here, but im more concerned with seeing new GLSL content than winning, so please participate, even if you cant win in both catagories. I’d love to see what you come up with, since you really rocked the last competition = )