Official Project Purify Topic

I’ve created some more artwork, 3D models and even a demo :eek:! You can download the target shooting demo here: http://sites.google.com/site/projectpurifywiki/Home/files-and-demos/targetshooting.blend?attredirects=0. If you wanna know how it looks like, check the vid I posted earlier. But we’re not out of stuff here. I’ve created a concept art drawing of the dreamworld. I’ve also modeled Mr. Heron (still have to apply texture). I solved the GLSL texture problem: my video card driver software wasn’t fully updated. Anyway, post your remarks!

Attachments

I started working at the gameplay. Now I finished a little demo where forty is able to walk, run and jump. Click here to download the demo. Check the attachments for pics.

Controls:
A OR D : Walk
Walk + Lshift: Run
W OR Space : Jump
S OR Lctrl : Crouch

Attachments

The animation is really good, keep it up!

keep up, you are on a good way :wink:

I’ve chosen my main setting: Amsterdam! I don’t live there myself, but a part of my family does. I already created an untextured Amsterdam canal house for one of the levels. Maybe I’ll include the blender foundation main building in the game too… :eyebrowlift:

Attachments

I just created another canal house. Watch the pic for the result

Attachments

Some more process! I created a quick “climb” option and I created a little demo in which you can walk and climb on the amsterdam canal houses I made earlier. You can download the demo here.

Controls:
Walk towards wall (also while climbing) + W = climb
Rest of the controls are the same as in previous demo.

Watch the attachement for a little pic. I know it’s a render, but it looks almost the same ingame.

Attachments

Very nice job, where did you get these concrete textures?

Lol I didn’t create any textures yet.

It’s a nice start…but, probably, too many polys at the end, specially for GLSL mode?!
And you can use “states”, maybe, to avoid that your character “walk” while in the air…well, it’s no important?!
Keep blending!
Bye

No, it’s a bit high-poly, but this are the more high poly versions of the models. About the states, I originally used states for jumping, but you couldn’t jump very far, so I altered a bit and now you can walk in air. It may look stupid, but I think gameplay is more important than graphics (and I think every gamer does).

ahh, good ol’ amsterdam, you just can’t hate the place

Oto reminded me of an important thing I’ve forgotten: the jump animation! I was quite bored today, so I created a quick jump and fall animation and updated the test level. You can download the level here. A little vid of me playing the level can be found here. Controls are still the same as the previous demo’s.

I’m thinking of starting a level design contest, when I’ve finished the gameplay. But will anyone be willing to create a level? :confused:

Attachments

Nice model!
Firstly: There isn’t a Jump and fall animation still in the test level posted above.

And i have two tips on your character animation:

1. When running and walking make the back/hip twist a little bit
  2. A bit of bobbing in the walk cycle.
  3. Make the walk cycles arms move slower

But yeah awesome game.

I must have posted the wrong version of the test level. I will post the good one later one this day. About your tips:

1. I did, but I think they have to move a little more, because you won’t see it much now it’s 2D.
    2&3. k shall change it.

Does anyone has any idea’s for levels. I already got some themes:

• Historical center of Amsterdam
  • Chinatown
  • Dreamworld
  • Factory

Any more idea’s?

maybe a park, or something else which isn’t city… would be kinda refreshing after the town scenes

Nice plan, how about a forest?

I uploaded the correct test level right now. Same download link as earlier post.

I created the model of the cult leader. This is a high-poly model, because you will only see him in cutscenes. I tried to make him look friendly and evil at the same time.

Attachments

I want forty to be able to shoot, but I can’t decide which methode he will use. I can do one of these things:

• Jazz-Jackrabbit style: You can only shoot forward and up. Here’s a vid
  • Resident evil 4 style: You can aim manually and your camera zooms, but you can’t walk. Like this.
  • Alias style: You can aim and walk at the same time. Here’s the alias game for those who want an example. I don’t have the slightest idea of how I’m gonna do this.

Well, which style should the game be using. The choice is yours. :yes:

Time for the graphical update! I found some nice textures on the internet and I used them to texture my rig level. I used journeyman17’s ocean shader for the water. Watch the pics for the result.

Attachments