OFFICIAL TRAILER! Kaliyuga: The Dark Ages (Action-Adventure & Open World Game)

Probobly in the UPGBE thread here.

wonderful work,
i like the character design, alot,
i never imagined that upbge can handle large scale worlds that great
hope to see it up soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some updates from in-game enemy & armor

1 Like

Official Trailer is up!

This game will be released on steam as soon as possible.

5 Likes

This is amazing! You’ve proven the Open-World Concept in UPBGE!
#NotAllHeroesWearCapes

1 Like

Thanks! appreciate it :smiley:

Some constructive criticism:

• I think the intro narration sounded a little unprofessional.
  • The animations on some things were not very good, especially on the boar. I assume you are using a shader for the grass and tree animations and I think that could be improved upon.
  • I think the filters are a bit overused. the grass seems really bright sometimes and parts of the scene are really dark. A natural tonemap would look nice.
  • Some variation in grass textures would be good, and if you made them look cleaner.
  • 3rd person camera angle was weird. I think it should be farther away, higher up, and center.
  • Tree textures need to be re-scaled.

A generally brighter scene would also be nice.

2 Likes

I think the intro narration sounded a little unprofessional.

• Yeah i feel that too, i already spends the budget on something else so my friend voluntary do that for me. Maybe in the final release on Steam i will change that.

The animations on some things were not very good, especially on the boar. I assume you are using a shader for the grass and tree animations and I think that could be improved upon.

• All animation are manually created by me which not really my expertise so thats all i got haha. Yeah i use node + water animated texture for the foliage which can be improved later.

I think the filters are a bit overused. the grass seems really bright sometimes and parts of the scene are really dark. A natural tonemap would look nice.

• I see … well i think thats relative because some of my friends (from film majors) said that it’s good for dramatic feel for trailer. But thanks anyway i’ll consider it for the final release on Steam.

Some variation in grass textures would be good, and if you made them look cleaner.

• I’ll see if i can improve it

3rd person camera angle was weird. I think it should be farther away, higher up, and center.

• Sorry it’s for trailer purpose only, in the game it won’t be like that

Tree textures need to be re-scaled.

• I’ll see if i can improve it

A generally brighter scene would also be nice.

• Got it

Thanks for the advices! keep em coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sir,
Very nice work. Weird that its the first time I see this game. But really nice. Its really great to see another solid game made with the UPBGE.
I also saw some little aspects as Nicholas_A depicted above. But I’m sure that if you have a solid gameplay and a nice story that will be relegated as minor things.
Please continue to update this thread will follow your progress with attention.

2 Likes

I have animations on the wild life in my game. I can probably show you some of them for reference.
So far, the only video I have done is the Horse. They aren’t perfect, but they give you an idea.
Edit: I think your Deer animations are pretty good!

3 Likes

Thanks, i will :slight_smile:

Thats some decent animation … it feels fluid but i think you can improve the leg movement which is bit stiff. Thanks for the reference btw

Great game. Best answer to haters who yelling “BGE is dead”!

Official Poster

5 Likes

Has the Game been released yet?:smiley:
Fred/K.S

It will be on the end of this year, around november or december … right now im working on the documentation of this game for college. After this thing taken care of, i’ll continue the development of the game where i’ll just add main story and final boss and the game will be finished. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im really exited all the best bro!
Fred/K.S

1 Like

I’m still waiting for some updates or a download/buy link.

(sorry for resurrecting this topic)

I thought a NEW TRAILER Just got released maybe the Title should be changed , its too click bait !!!

Fred/K.S

WHAT’S Happening to the release of the game!
(This should’ve been Game of the Year 2018)
Fred/K.S

1 Like