Offroad '46 Dodge Power Wagon

Hey fellow Blender(ers)!

This WIP is a 1946 Dodge Power Wagon. It’s a classic. I did this vehicle because I love how the design looks soft but rugged. I feel this truck is a off road icon as well. I also did it because it does look extremely cool Also this truck had a "swivel frame " option. Where the frame can pivot “well it seems” 30 degrees in either direction.

Any constructive criticism would be gladly appreciated!

Quote:
[TABLE=“width: 802”]

The Dodge Power Wagon was introduced in 1946. It was originally meant to compete with Ford/Marmon-Herrington 4×4 military trucks such as the Brushbreaker, as well as Military GMC truck applications, but it was the first to be offered directly to the civilian population. It was based on the 3/4-ton army truck’s chassis with a civilian cab and a purpose designed 8-foot cargo box. It had a 126 inch (3,200 mm) wheelbase chassis and featured the 230 cubic-inch flat head six engine, a two-speed transfer case, a 4-speed manual transmission with a power take off opening which would send power to the front and back of the truck for operating auxiliary equipment and 9.00/16-8 ply tires on 16×6.50 inch 5-stud wheels - (From wikipedia)

[/TABLE]

and the wire frames:

Attachments

model looks good :slight_smile: the materials and rendering could use a tad bit more work though, if you wanted.

Sweet gotta love those old power wagons. Nice modeling sofar.
(I just realized you are the ferrettank who was making the awesome Hilux) so better finish this! :smiley:

Those first renders were to show off the model, I didn’t stick a whole bunch of time into the render it’s self. But don’t worry I will get some sexy renders soon :smiley: Also I improved the body material.

Ah yes, the Power Wagons are awesome! They look so cool and buff :smiley: and yes, I’m the one making the Hilux, TBH I lost my work from the last 3 times I worked on the textures for that thing. But I hope I will endless motivation for this truck :smiley:

Oh also, if anyone has any good tips for the tire material, post up :smiley:

Attachments

WOOT NEW UPDATE, and I’m sleepy.
Check this out:
NEw material yay or na?

Also I started on the interior :smiley:

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

The orange looks really nice and happy so far.
I suppose you’re going to change it but I llike the whol feel of it, the bright orange and the kar-key background and even the graininess.

Hope this helps:

KeeP going! :):slight_smile:

Well,very nice model and materials,just think the green’s a bit brighter.

I like the car paint shader you are using!

Eh, yeah, to be honest you have to look at it closely to see the differences but eh, feels like a improvement.

Ah thanks! :smiley: I can’t wait to see it with some bump mapping and grunge on it!

Hmmm what do you mean by Kar-Key? Also come to think of it… I did start a model of a old gas station last year. It would pair up nicely with it.

Wa ha! Big update, 5 hours of rendering. True dat.

Hey guys, I’ve been working on a background for this rig. I’m doing a old brick warehouse. Anyways I found this awesome new program. You can see my 3D model… IN 3D!!!

I m so jealous of your modeling skills! I d say make a whole series of wagon renders.
That Sketchfab is awesome :smiley:
Any suggestions on car modeling? i m very new.

Hi Adanos!
Ah yes, car modeling. My favorite discipline of 3d :slight_smile:

Car modeling is ALL about topology and edge flow. I usually model by starting with a line of nodes then extruding. Such as the hood. I started with the front line then extruded and enlarged as I went back. Now every car has a “pain in the butt part” With those I model the complicated parts first and focus on their topology individually. Then after that I can focus on connecting them. (causes a lot less topology problems)

Now my recommended tutorials: CG cookie has a ton of AMAZING tutorials and just because most of them aren’t about cars doesn’t mean you cant apply them to your car :wink:

Also, I’d hate it when the pros say this. They always say “practice practice practice” Well, I guess I’m in that spot now. That’s really the only way to get good. I have no magic tips or techniques. It’s all about figuring out the system and what it likes and doesn’t like :slight_smile:

And now for the real reason I’m here! :smiley: 4 days working on JEST THE RENDERING O.O and 2 days on lighting. I crashed the computer a total of 5 times. (that sucked) OH and I Couldn’t get the Z pass defocus to work properly :confused: but other then that I feel I have made a excellent render :slight_smile:

Oh fun fact: I jest started collage, it’s so different. But I’m in beginners “3D art and animation”. I can’t wait to show her this, she will freak out xD