Offset Edges

add-ons

(Peetie) #201

Could it be time to put Offset Edges to the list in the thread with the addons that work for 2.8, or not yet?

(Meta-Androcto) #202

thanks, any chance of face inset fillet from mesh edit tools 2.79?
it would be nice to fix that addon soon.

As a single addon.
face_inset_fillet.py (12.7 KB)

(MatsuikoHiroka) #204

Hi i just tested it and i love the additional feature on adding profiles

one thing i notice is that offset now becomes a modal ( mouse + drag and enter to confirm ) , it doesnt remember anymore the value you last entered unlike the old version

would you mind creating separate add on for profile function
thank you for your hard work

From edge menu it runs in modal mode, you need to go to the tools menu to run it static N panel.

(MatsuikoHiroka) #206

oh i missed that is there a way to assign a shortcut keys at tools panel without going modal mode?

Right click over the button and assign shortcut.
Need to save user preferences after.
Scratch that it goes to modal with shortcut.
need to click the button for static.

(MatsuikoHiroka) #208

i assigned shortcut keys at toolbar and unfortunately still goes modal

(Meta-Androcto) #209

awesome work

(AFWS) #210

Looks like it is caused by the Interative setting in addon preferences. If you turn that off it seems to work. The only thing I can think of is place that setting in the operator, that way you can set it to false on the shortcut.

Are you using a mirror modifier? Looks like the mirror option requires a mirror modifier.

https://en.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Modeling/offset_edges

Fixed …

For those and me who cant wait for the official updates.

multi_extrude.py (11.7 KB)

(Meta-Androcto) #213

great work again, thanks, I’ll try to get these done into blender nightly builds early in the new year.

(David C B) #214

Many thanks to those with the knowledge and trepidation to port Offset Edges, Face Inset Fillet, and Multi Extrude to Blender 2.80. As someone transitioning from another 3D suite these scripts have filled several most pesky gaps in the Blender modeling tool set for me; particularly the Offset Edges move function; so useful, so very-very useful.

(Zimlorog) #215

Great work @ramboblender!

I’ve modified both scripts to work with the Specials menu (I don’t like having panels open!), and added the Preset option to Face Inset Fillet. It works great! Although I’d love for them to be modal.

fillet_preset

Edit
I get this error if I try to use Face Inset Fillet after Multi Extrude:

Edit 2
I’ve also found that if you use Circle from the Loop Tools add-on to make a face square, then run Face Inset Fillet, you get the result on the left:

This of course can be fixed by running Circle again on the newly created inset.

multi_extrude.py (11.6 KB)
face_inset_fillet.py (12.6 KB)

(Dimitar) #219

Thanks @ramboblender, @zimlorog and everyone else for the port over to 2.8.

Now I am wondering if anyone knows what would take to get offset that automatically eliminates intersecting edges. Here is a comparison between offset in blender/cad/rhino/sketchup to illustrated my point.

(mak485) #220

i think yr frustration in blender with offset edge will largely soothe by addon “Offset edge” by Hidesato (v 0.3.9). i tried in blender 2.80, really good. Pls make another video showing the similarity.

(Dimitar) #221

The issue highlighted in the video seems to persist.

Here it is again in 2.7 with the original addon from the link on top of the post:

And here it is in 2.8 from @ramboblender from this post up in the topic:

(mak485) #223

yes, in large scale, issues are still persist in inter sections. are other cad working nice with this kind of intricate shape ?

(Dimitar) #224

Yes, if you see the video I posted above, all other programs I’ve tested automatically eliminate self-intersections