Offset Edges

add-ons

(Geo_Resy) #161

Its fantastic. Blender should got this addon for the oficial version. Great job.

Just could be better if you could change the width with mouse move or pressing numbers on keyboard. But anyways it solve lots of problems. Very thanks!

(rombout) #162

I think that could be easily added using key registers orso?

(M.Knight) #163

Hello,
I recently installed the add-on on Blender 2.77a and have an issue with edges not being uniformly extruded. Here are two pictures for reference ;

As you can see, the top edges are stretched incredibly quickly while the bottom ones barely change while using the “Offset Edges > Extrude” option. For the info, I used the Face select mode to select the faces I want to extrude.
Any idea where I might have made a mistake? Or is it normal behavior?

(JuhaW) #164

Apply scale ?

(M.Knight) #165

That did the trick! Thank you.

(Jholen) #166

When I try to install this add I receve this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 330, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\solop\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\Offset Edges.py”, line 585
SyntaxError: (unicode error) ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xb0 in position 0: invalid start byte

did something wrong, but cannot mind what.

(Meta-Androcto) #167

hi, just a reminder that offset edges is in mesh edit tools2 addon in Blender releases.

(Jholen) #168

Hi
thanks for your reply, but don’t find this addon (I mean “mesh edit toos 2”) nor in blender addon list or online

(Meta-Androcto) #169

Sorry, I meant to say the addon is in nightly builds & 2.79

(Jholen) #170

thanks again, but what you mean for nightly builds & 2.79?

Nightly builds are at Blender BuildBot, 2.79 is going to be released.

paolo

(Jholen) #172

Thanks and forgive me for my ignorance

Jholen, it’s fine!

paolo

(_IZAC_) #174

Same problem.

(StroBlend) #175

Hi,
I often use the offset edges command but since the 2.79 I can’t change anymore the width “on the fly” with my mouse. I need to go under the options to set a width, it can be useful to set precise measure but most of time I prefer to have it working “on the fly” any idea on how I can recover the “old” behavior ?
I made a small video to show the differences between 2.78 and 2.79:

(rombout) #176

@StroBlend, why not use simple Shift + R, this is repeat last step. That save about 3 clicks in your workflow :wink:

(rombout) #177

PS when i do offset in 2.78 i only offset the profile, i dont get a filled mesh like you do??

(StroBlend) #178

Because I don’t want to repeat the last step, sometimes I alternate between other commands, or I needs different width…

I just want the old behavior as it was in 2.78, and like it is for other commands like inset faces, extrude,etc… where we can change the width distance on the fly with the mouse

PS when i do offset in 2.78 i only offset the profile, i dont get a filled mesh like you do??

because you are not using “Offset edges extrude” command

Please can someone help with that ? Maybe it is nothing to change just a parameter in the code ?

(Alain) #179

I guess you have to set it to “interactive”:

Kind regards
Alain

(rombout) #180

I used same command as you, you probably altered the code so it goes straight into extrude one i guess. I have the same addon but doing it through space menu doesnt work for me. I use ctr+E and than down in the bottom of the menu i pick it, still 2 clicks :wink: