Oi Doctor! We need some help with this GAME!

Heh. To me, even what I describe isn’t what I truly what to see. What I REALLY would like is a program that will SIMULATE the Universes; actually simulate all the quantum mechanics and physics behind alternate Universes, and, based on the character and behavior of each player, create an AI character that is the same, but slightly different, and calculate all interactions in real-time. So, trillions of simulated characters, all calculated finely in real time to interact with each other and the actual players. Not only that, but to have every electron, every atom, every molecule, all simulated at once.

THAT is impossible, of course, but I would love it if they made it.

Of course, there is one such game = Real Life! The oddities of quantum physics COULD be due to the limitations of floating point values! The speed of light is actually the speed of the computer running the program, too!

Hahaha, if we could do that…and I were the programmer…I dont think I would be a bioengineer anymore :slight_smile:
And just a note…or rather a small question…has anyone ever told you that you were crazy? :smiley:

YES!!! I love crazy! I’m weirder than you are! HAHAHAHA!!! Normality is a disease!!!

But seriously, that theory about this Universe being a computer simulation would make perfect sense out of the ways this Universe work. It works that way because the programmer (God) made it work that way. There are less insane works of god because of bug fixes. People can read minds by finding their way around the hard drives. I mean, it would just make sense.

Bad luck for us if the hard drives crash, and God doesn’t get the back-ups working :frowning:

Oh, and just a suggenstion for your game: Put some Fnords in there randomly. A fnord generator can be found here.

Edit: The Super Bowl is gelatinous and the password file is protozoan.

I’m sure your team thought of this but a pure peer to peer network protocol based MMORPG would be a security nightmare. Even if the data was distributed over ‘n’ number of machines to be valid there are plenty of people out there with large numbers of systems that could break any authentication scheme if its based on distributing copies of the data over multiple end users.

Perhaps I’m overreacting but when I saw no server - no problem, I kind of thought the opposite.

You bring up a good point. The more we test this protocol the more we see that we require one data storage server. However, a majority of the interaction between users will be peer to peer. So we have gotten ourselves a decent host…if things go right then we can host 500000 people without too much overhead.

wow, very nice looking game. I like it, I just need to learn UV mapping :slight_smile:

Yep, learn UV mapping or character modeling / animation and we would grab you :slight_smile: