Old barn

It would be nice to see some specks of leftover red paint on the boards and rust along the edges of the roofing. Otherwise it is shaping up nicely. I like how you’ve progressed through the thread. The broken boards and loose roof panels are a good touch.

Something like this?

I’d say that is perfect.

you done a fine job. I was to quick to judge your wip. Looks older than the 60 year building on my land.

Thank you very much.

With compositing done, I’m out of ideas for anything to do so unless someone can think of something I think I’ll call this done, for now anyway

Really nice work :slight_smile:
Only thing I think this would benefit from is changing the composition. Like have the whole barn in the shot and a bit further back to give the image a massive, lonely environment!

nice thanks for showing, it looks great, I see its also your avatar lol :smiley:

Very nice work m8, ever thought of adding some decrepit fences to the scene?

It migth be nice to add some small hills or something in the background, at the moment its completely flat

@Andy have you ever been to the country side? I grew up on a farm and most of farm land is compleatly flat for the simple fact that:
1 its easyer to plant.
2 easyer to maintain. IE. water, till, harvest

Thats all I can remember at the moment.

@fido one thing you can add to the backround to make it look a little real are some trees. Farmers tend to have trees on the edge of here lands. One to help mark off terratory and to to help prevent errosion since they normaly have some sort of irrigation ditch. Also plant one or two sparaticly in the field if its ment to be a cattle farm to give shade for the cows.

This looks really nice. :slight_smile: You need to add some details somewhere. Like old rusted car or farm machines and maybe little bit more dramatic lighting and sky may do really good for this scene. But i actually love your model because it looks so nice. :slight_smile:

That’s actually a really good idea, I think I might add it to the foreground and push the barn back further.

I’ll see if I can fit some trees, although I was modelling the field more after a Kansas one, where there arn’t many trees.

In traditional landscapes paintings they are usually structured with a foreground, midground and background, this means that they draw your eye into them and have a sense of depth.

Was going to comment on an earlier render -yet seems youv’e banged out a realistic scene in a realistic time frame. My hat off to u.

A small update, added some fencing to the foreground and pushed the barn back and more center on the shot.

Yet another small update, Added an old plow and made the lighting a bit more dramatic

that looks very nice :smiley: the plow gives you more the idea that its a farming grassland and the barn pushed back looks nice as well. Although, and this is just my opinion, i wouldn’t have the barn right in the middle, because at the moment there is a lot of negative space and to make it a better composition, use the rule of thirds. besides that its a very nice scene and render :slight_smile:

Yeah I agree, move it off to the right a little

How’s that? I think that moving it really did give the scene alot more. Thanks for the suggestion