Old Telephone

Hi Everyone, so this is a project that I have just started. I have been playing with Blender for a few years now and “playing” is a key words there. This is honestly my first ever real project; I think. I have decided to try and create and old phone. This is what I have created after almost an hour of work. It’s not much at the moment but I would still appreciate and comments and critiques anyone may have to increase the accuracy and realism of the modelling.

Here is an update with the telephone :slight_smile:

Hello!

Nice mesh, may i ask you what type of telephone is this?
Im waiting your progress :slight_smile: Interesting

Hi WaterWorm, to be honest, I have no idea what kind of telephone this is :stuck_out_tongue: I just found an image of one online :slight_smile:

Here’s an update :slight_smile: I’ve added textures and changed some stuff. Please tell me what you think. This project isn’t done but anything you can tell me to help would be fantastic :slight_smile: One thing that I will really need help with is getting the holes for the numbers on the dials. If anyone knows anything, please do share; it would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Cool phone! I’m not very good at texturing myself, but I think that the choice of textures are pretty good, still they look a bit too clean for an old phone. Even the most youthful granny would strive to keep it that clean. Some dirt or signs of age would make the phone appear more realistic.

For the dials I’m sure there’s a modifier for that, but I can’t remember the name, as I haven’t used it myself (yet).