Old toilet

well i started this a few days on and off not much here but ill make another update soon.btw the old tiolets just hade some wood covering but that just a par of a more modder toilet thats how it is in the reference i took, yea its a bit boaring now maybe it will turn out better

id like some feedback

Attachments

Are the cracks in the wood modeled? anyway, I like the cracking a lot.
how about making the seat a bit more old too. at the moment it looks a bit too neat and clean for such an old toilet.

this will sound weird but I like it the way it is now, it looks coll and stylized, a bit of a modern art twist to it. although i must admit i’m not 100% sure what i’m looking at,its a top view right? either way its deffinetly really cool for a stylized thing, as far as photorealism its haard to tell from that angle, and your textures need more detail.

It’s a top view of a wooden try toilet, I think, in which case the planks look perfect as they are as I’d expect the wood to be heavily painted. I wouldn’t change anything about that. But the seat looks too “modern” to be believable. You know, I wouldn’t expect a Japanese washlet in such a place sort of a feeling :wink: [OK, it’s not a washlet so it’s not that strange, but still.]

It’s a top view of a wooden try toilet, I think, in which case the planks look perfect as they are as I’d expect the wood to be heavily painted. I wouldn’t change anything about that. But the seat looks too “modern” to be believable. You know, I wouldn’t expect a Japanese washlet in such a place sort of a feeling :wink: [OK, it’s not a washlet so it’s not that strange, but still.]

@daredemo thanks the cracks are modeled, as for the seat i havent done any texture work as yet i was saving it for last but sure ill try my best to make it look old when im texturing

@superman yes its a top view no texture as yet just a quick material and thanks

Attachments

another update to give viewers an idea of the final image still a few for updated to finish the modeling section of this

do u think those wood need more work?
I’m trying to do as much as i can in modeling, because I’m not sure how good i am at texturing

c&c welcome thanks for viewing

Attachments

Looks exactly how I would expect it to look. Keep us posted on the progress.

If you want, you could model some more cracks and indentations etc in the boards. The ends of the boards too, need to be rougher. This is old, after all. Look up some old wood reference imagess.

Looks exactly how I would expect it to look. Keep us posted on the progress

thanks

If you want, you could model some more cracks and indentations etc in the boards. The ends of the boards too, need to be rougher. This is old, after all. Look up some old wood reference imagess

your right, i plan to add some more cracks and indentations im trying to make it look realistic and not overdone though i guess i cot to be carefully with that well im sure u guys would correct me

Attachments

well after i did a PS texturing tutorial(rust metal,cracks) today i tried something on my own not too bad for a start i know i still have a loooopbg way to go though
so what do u think is it good to go

ill try and have some modeling update soon

Attachments

well this is my first texturing experience so id like some crits on the little ive done so far hopefully posting it here will push me to finish it sooner i did the texturing in PS how do u open a saved picture as a layer this would be very helpful i have a hard time finding how

Attachments