old unanswered posts (never mind)

So I was just parusing the unanswered posts list, when I noticed that the list, was 88 pages long!, some of these older posts were from 2001. :o
now maby it’s just me, but I don’t think that the posts from the begining months of 2005 are even going to get a look, much less the ones from 2001.
so I make a suggestion to those who have the power (Admin/Moderators) to delete these old unanswered posts.
Am I alone in this, or shall we band togeather?

sorry I had to spoil the joke * yeah I know you were all thinking it to :P*

Errrr what sucks more is that some of those questions were meaningful questions that someone needed to get answered… I sure know I have some in there

Errrr what sucks more is that some of those questions were meaningful questions that someone needed to get answered… I sure know I have some in there

this is true.
I’m shure I have some in there.
but does anyone look past page 4?
I for one do not (maby because I’m lazy)

I think that these posts are still part of elysiun’s history, and shouldn’t be deleted. Unless there’s actually a reason (I.E. we run out of server space), then they should be kept.

that’s when the search engine comes in handy.

there’s no point deleting something if someone has a use for it / could benefit from using it

but does anyone look past page 4?

Yes, at least I used to. When I first came to elysiun the biggest problem I faced was working out what everyone was talking about because so much stuff was “understood”, having been in Blender for some time. Then I just flipped back to the time roughly when 2.37 was first released and picked up converstaions from there. I learned a lot in a week or so from looking at those old posts in combination with old release notes. A lot of that information remains valid even with the latest release.

Whether unanswered questions are worth keeping is another matter but I guess the real question is, are they worth deleting?

I think that these posts are still part of elysiun’s history, and shouldn’t be deleted. Unless there’s actually a reason (I.E. we run out of server space), then they should be kept.[/quote]

I agree. Lock a thread, move it to an appropriate forum, but don’t delete. Some forums clean house by archiving their really old posts so that they can be searched and come up as a text file (for example all posts for a particular day back in 1999), but to delete would be to erase the document of the history of elysiun. That’s particularly relevant here since forum posts ARE elysiun.

Why does it really matter? It’s like asking some old guy to move his feet, their old, but they’re not hurting anyone!

I don’t see any reason to delete these posts. We’ve always been against the deletion of posts and have always said we will try to keep as much data as possible.

Timothy

Instead of deleting… maybe some of these should get answered. :slight_smile: For older ones it probably wouldn’t make sense, but if we tried to make sure that ones in the last couple of months at least got some sort of answer, that can only help. That way even if it falls off the main page quickly again, maybe someone will search and then see the answer…

Shawn

Alright people. I get the point.