Olympus OM-20 analog camera

Hey Blender Artists,

I’m new here, but was asked to share here, and I’ve always wanted to.

I’ve spent the last few days modeling this and doing what I can with it. I’ve learned a lot in the process, and I failed at many steps (I probably redid most parts twice after failing the first time). However, I’m really happy with it, and I’ve now started to animate it a bit to make it come to life just a little bit more than just a frame.

22 Likes

Very nice! I am sentimentally attached to the old OM series of cameras and still have them in my collection - so now I am interested in Blender, it was nice to see this drawing!

1 Like

Thanks, Philip! So am I. My dad bought the OM-20 in Greece in 1983 while we were visiting. He handed it down to me several years later as my first camera. I’ve loved it ever since. There’s a really special place in my heart for the Olympus OM series of cameras. I still have all the original paperwork and warranties, too. I plan on scanning them and archiving them sometime soon.

1 Like

Great work, thanks for sharing! And welcome to Blender Artists :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have most cameras from OM1 onwards - let me know if you want any actual photos of them - I can take them with my OM-D !

I usually scan stuff here very quickly so send me a note if you do any more OM stuff - it would be good to keep track of the drawings - I can’t even imagine how you get that photo-realistic effect . .

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you, Bart. And thank you for the warm welcome and comments on the work. Have a great weekend, as well.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ll be doing another camera soon, since I’m always looking for different objects to practice my modeling, but I’d love to do the entire OM line some day, and I will definitely take you up on the offer then!

I usually shoot with my Canon EOS R now, but I am thinking of picking up an Olympus OM-D E-M5 for that little bit of nostalgia and for something I can keep in my bag at all times.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Congrats! It’s beautiful

1 Like

Sweet render of a good model.

1 Like

Good eye! The tone of the background fits the model so well and gives it a nice, calm tone.

1 Like