OMG! I have found Kali Yuga in Picasso's Guernica painting. I must be a genius.:)

Picasso said, “The public who look at the picture must interpret the symbols as they understand them.”
And then I saw it, the bull with one leg is the Kali Yuga. Can you see it? I can’t believe it, I must be a genuis. Either that or just another wise fool.:slight_smile: Where’s Cyborg Dragon when you need him.

“Most interpretations of Hindu scriptures believe that earth is currently in Kali Yuga”. “Hinduism generally considers morality to be comparable to a bull known as Dharma…the bull had four legs, and in each age morality is reduced by a quarter. By the age of Kali, morality will be reduced to only a quarter of that of the golden age. Thus, the bull will only have one leg: morality will wait on men.”

Amazing don’t you think? Here are the wiki links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso

Attachments

That was somewhat of an extreme reply…

It is actually a reasonable claim, the problem is you need to prove it instead of simply asserting it.

But yeah, a Hindi apocalyptic symbol showing up in a painting with an apocalyptic theme would make sense.

That was somewhat of an extreme reply…
For most people, more than likely.

I don’t know if you’ve been following some of this guys outlandish conspiracy theories, but if you have you’ll probably understand why that link is pertinent.

There’s one born every minute.

“…this bull is a bull and this horse is a horse… If you give a meaning to certain things in my paintings it may be very true, but it is not my idea to give this meaning. What ideas and conclusions you have got I obtained too, but instinctively, unconsciously. I make the painting for the painting. I paint the objects for what they are.”

Pablo Picaso about the Guernica.

Thanks Uncle Entity for finding reason in my madness. And M@dcow, I know you always think I’m mad, but then again the only difference between a mad man and a genius is a hair’s breath.:stuck_out_tongue:

@ner secret societies always talk in symbols. And the symbol of a bull with one leg is a symbol of the depravity that is to come. Well, that is of course if you know the story of the Kali Yuga.

BTW Uncle Entity, M@dcow, and @ner don’t you think it strange that Picasso never tried to explain the symbolism behind this painting. Throughout his whole life he never explained art magic in this painting. Think about it, you guys are artists, when you make art you always attach a story to it, so people will fall in love with the story and buy your art. But in this case Picasso never did. Very strange.

Look at this link which talks about the secret symbolism and art magic in Picasso’s art. For sure Picasso can’t draw perspective, but it’s not about perspective, it’s about Symbolism. http://web.org.uk/picasso/secret_guernica.html

Also note with the secret Guernica link that Picasso has hidden Harlequins in his painting. According to my Apple dictionary, a Harlequin comes from earlier Herlequin ; the name of the leader of a legendary troop of demon horsemen.

Ever wonder how to distinguish between artists making there works for their love in art and those who do it for money or must do it for money. Some are balancing make some for the art itself and some to pay the bills. But who belongs/belonged to witch group?
Wasn’t there any poemwrite who said dont use my work for any educational purpose. Yes i managed to learn “Die Bürgschaft” but only the joke “What you wants with that dagger?” “Peel some patatoes.” (Originally: “Helping the town get rid of the tyran.”) had really survived in the minds.

Picasso can’t draw in perspective???

WTF are you smoking, man?

Your link about the harlequins is seriously reaching since he painted plenty of them freaks during his rose(?) period…in perspective.

I was just saying that it is conceivable that Picasso had some knowledge about eastern religious iconography since it wasn’t like it never entered western ‘high’ art before he painted Guernica.

Lexi it’s always about money and the adoration of the less gifted. But, I didn’t quite understand your ‘Hostage’/“Die Bürgschaft” reference. Although, it’s an interesting poem about the king of Syracuse Sicily.

Uncle Entity, yes I know, I’m mad, madder than a Mad Hatter at a Mad Hatter’s tea party. It must be all that mercury in my hat.:slight_smile:

Curiously though, Harlequins theory was something that we were told in school. Although, I always found it hard to accept, because if you were to put symbols in your work they must be understood immediately.

For example, five hundred years ago people couldn’t read, but they were symbol literate. Look at Albrecht Durer(1471-1528) a German who became very rich and famous for his prints like the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse and Melencolia. Both of which are heavy loaded with symbolism. See below Durer’s Melencolia.

Even today we have symbolism. Most people today can read, but they’re symbol illiterate. And that’s the way the elite want it.

Just look at this example: This is Tzipi Livni leader of the centrist Kadima party, look at the star on the flag behind her, can you see the star symbol is rotated? When you rotate a symbol you’re denoting the negative. Therefore that’s not a Zionist flag behind her. It looks like someone doesn’t want Tzipi Livni to win.

Attachments

You should know you’ll always lose your audience the moment you bring Jews and Zion into the discussion. It’s happened before, now it might happen again.

Sure I understand Cyborg Dragon, no problemo. I just thought it relevant to the topic of hidden symbolism. Especially when you consider that the picture is only two days old.

I got it from the BBC, when Tzipi Livni was casting her vote. It’s strange that her minders didn’t pick that hidden negative symbolism on the flag.

Who ever put that negative flag up, they knew what they were doing. Remember Tzipi Livni is supposed to be moderate, if Bibi wins-he’s ultra fascist. BTW, sometimes I wonder what would happen if the people in Gaza began to fly this white and blue flag just for fun. It will confuse everyone.

Hey Cyborg Dragon what do you know about the Hyksos Pharohs? :evilgrin: