OMG Weirdhat!?!?

Congrats WierdHat!

Great job on the clip.

Great work Weirdhat, congratulations.

Props to Colbert’s people for giving us a clip to practice compositing.

A million congrats, WeirdHat!

“sounds of hands clapping.”:slight_smile:

Frontpaged on the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

This may be the most high-profile blender animation ever… it is a Blender animation, right?

<edit>

Ah, guess it’s not a Blender animation. Too bad. But… congratulations to WeirdHat nonetheless! You’re famous dude.

Er, it is entirely a Blender animation. Who said it wasn’t?

he got the rancor model from another site but it is blender made

Er, it is entirely a Blender animation. Who said it wasn’t?

Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood. Well. Cool! Maybe you should mention that it was created in Blender in the youtube blurb. Actually, that’s where I got the wrong idea that it was from some other source/software, as argunda guessed.

get the heck out of here, no way that was made all with blender?

i followed your tutorial, which was excellent, but i dont see how you could use the green screen with blender? how you could seperate him from the green screen without creating a flat mesh for each frame of his movement. i know i just started trying to add cg to live film, and i dont know a thing about it, but this seems much more advanced then what you created in the tutorial?

any chance you could give the most basic of break downs of how this was done, pretty amazing stuff to me. maybe if you get the time you could make a tutorial step by step of this clip, that would be awsome.

off topic… Colbert is a dick, i wouldnt waste anytime with that fool, haha!

A few screenshots (the first is from bob_holcomb’s special chromakeying version of Blender):

wow, i’m impressed, are there tutorials out about this? most of the ones i read said this was not possible with blender? is this a new feature added to blender 2.4? -edit- i see you posted it was bob-howcomes version, where can you get this?

freaking amazing stuff dude, also one last silly question, i use blender 2.25, more then the new blender, is it possible with that version too?

tutorial, tutorial!

-edit-
haha, i just watched the video of when it was aired on the show,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58b-mpaWyM
haha, the crowd was going crazy, and some big fat lady was in the background screaming over and over, haha, great work man, they loved it…but colbert is still a dick, haha!

AND that is the reason why youy lost to sago at blender world cup 200 >: |

(btw just kidin’) and damn did i like the video, weirdhat! keep going and give us lots and lots of materjal to learn from (tutos, tutos!!)

Weirdhat: This was in my local paper here today! They did’t mention you by name, but said the most popular was a fight with a star wars monster. :slight_smile:

you got a new work to do now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58b-mpaWyM&watch_response

i guess you saw it allready. but congratulation :smiley:

edit: damn it Wu didn’t see that part

Amazing! I had no idea that you could work with greenscreens in blender! Looking at the tut on your website…

Deep_Thought wrote a good basic primer on compositing with nodes. Needless to say you need 2.42x to use it (Wu). I’m using the principles to play around with Colbert’s video my ownself.

cd38- thanks for the link! i’ve been reading and rereading, though i cant pick most of it up

So if you have two solid images [1, 0.5, 0.8, 1] and [0, 0.2, 0.1, 1]. the add result would be [1, 0.7,
0.9, 1] (a purply-white), the subtract reslut would be [1, 0.3, 0.7, 0] (fully transparent if you subtract
alphas, a deeper lilac other wise. If you did a lighten on the image (returns the maximum of the
images on a channel-by-channel basis), you’d get [1, 0.5, 0.8, 1] (which is the first image), a darken
(returns the minimum) would give you [0, 0.2, 0.1, 1] (which is the second image).

oh…haha…this tutorial was written by a robot…oh…haha!

i will download the newest blender, and the silly colbert video tonight and see what i can do, proably wont be much…for i am slow…and stuff.

if anyone figures this stuff out, and can give a rough outline that would be awsome!

i look forward to learning more, and seeing what others produce with this! back to the mr roboto tutorial!

2.25 :eek: …
Wu I thought you would be onto this before now.
I think I made a comment about green screen in your Slug thread…sorry if you missed the significance…maybe I should have provided a link to Bob’s work.
This would be a great tool for you to improve and generate your work :wink:
Imagine the possibilities…:rolleyes:
Time to challenge yourself and move up to 2.42a.
Unleash your full creative potential on a needy world.
You know we deserve it.
later :smiley:

well, i figured if i wanted to learn the best way to start was to open a thread, anyone with the most basic knowlege of how greenscreen is done with blender please come over and post, anyone who wants to learn with how it is done step by step come on over and be stupid with me!
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76011

weirdhat- if you can make it over to the thread your help will be tremendous, thanks for showing us the new possiblites with blender, great great stuff! i’m sure you agree, or as they say in massachucetts, this is wicked great!..you guys are such losers up in mass…haha!

bigfan- whats up dude, i must have missed your post, i never thought it was possible to use greenscreen with blender, great great stuff! and you are correct if i could somehow learn this and make another movie it would be possible to do some crazy crazy stuff, so great! the next one is written by the way…:smiley: …just waiting to crank out some green screen maddness!!!

weirdhat: very nice work… the death of monster (as it falls to the pit) was a bit simple, but otherwise i liked it. i have a question too, what is the deal with all those shapekeys on the screenshot? IT’S A LOT! thanks.

.b