Omnidirectional Shadowcasting

This is a little test of some omnidirectional shadowcasting that I am working on. I made the models a while ago and just added a reflection/refraction map and dof to make it more realistic. Just want some feedback on how this looks and what improvements could be made. Thanks for your time:

http://209.195.189.148/~blended/gallery/gal05.jpg

Also, the reflection maps are reflecting trees, so they are not at all accurate, they are just artistic.

Placement to make it more visually appealing
Mainly the glasses
good work…

Chuck

I agree with snailrose: it needs some context to it. Also, the flame looks a little grainy - maybe increase the halo size a bit (I’m guessing it’s a particle emitter). And the tiles in the background look a little aliased - but now I’m nitpicking :wink: . The picture is great (wish I could do the GI and refraction without cheating in Virtualight! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Great work ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with the above mentioned.
The flame could profit from a spherical halo texture (inner: yellow, outer orange) + x-Alpha, a little transparency and a motion blur.

Thanks, guys. I gather that the flame is the biggest problem next to the placement of objects. Well, its late and I’m going to bed.