On screen jitters in 2.56 on Mac 10.6.7

I’ve been having this issue with Blender 2.5 for quite some time. Whenever I rotate, move verts, extrude, or etc, blender becomes extremely jerky. I used to be able to remedy this with a reboot, but now that doesn’t work anymore. I’ve tried to Google about this, but to no avail. For whatever reason, I don’t have this issue with 2.49.

Here’s a screen recording of what I’m talking about:
Explore Chris Hilbig

Here’s my specs:
Model Name: iMac
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Video Card:
Mac OS X - 10.6.7

NVIDIA GeForce 9400:
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Currently using Blender 2.56

Thanks in advance!

I’m on a mac as well (iMac dual quad-core i7), and don’t get this kind of problem. Looking at it, I immediately thought you had snapping turned on, but from the view of the UI it looks like snapping is turned off. Maybe you have some sort of incremental movement enabled, similar to what happens when you have the CTRL key pressed while moving something?..

None of these are very good solutions; I just wanted to let you know that I’m NOT seeing this on my machine. Post a .blend and I’ll run it on my machine, just in case…

Thanks for the suggestions benu! Even though this problem has been around for a while, I stumbled across the cause last night. I own a Wacom Intous 2 tablet and use the mouse almost exclusively. (My Apple supermouse drains batteries much too quickly) For whatever reason, using the wacom mouse gives Blender 2.5 the jitters. I’m still not sure why that is. I’ve even updated the drives to no avail. The strange thing is that I can work with 2.5 in Win 7 under Parallels with no problems. For now, I ether have to buy a new mouse or buy more AA batteries for the supermouse. I’ll also check to see if the wacom drivers trigger a CTRL key press or something.

Smart. Maybe you could install updated drivers?

Sometimes I set my pen on my Wacom and then use the mouse (not a Wacom mouse), and get funky results. (I have to get the pen off the mouse – they’re competing for the cursor.) Glad you figured out the problem.