on the haunt - final doom

(orange) #1

the excuses are probably silly so i’ll just get to the point:

on the haunt may not materialize this year. rest in peace or whatever.

:frowning:

i’m broke. i mean sure i’m earning money but it’s swallowed up very fast before i even see it practically. i’m trying to cram my head with stuff so i can get a decent job and expensives are mounting. i don’t have a decent place to host the contest (my current host has the bandwidth of a 24kbps modem and it’s php, which i have no idea how to use really), i don’t have any money to get decent prizes, and i just don’t have the energy to take on yet another dear project. :frowning: when i can’t give something all it needs, it ends up dead on the floor. take a look at all the projects i have killed in the past… (emotion, comes to mind) and if you saw half the ones i started and never finished (hmmm… who wants to finish one of 2930580938092809385 game.blends and that damn 3d castle? :slight_smile: you would probably wail. so maybe it’s just best for it to not happen rather than be a disappointment. it sucks though cause it is something i would like to see last a long time. we’ll see what happens, i guess.

(Jamesk) #2

Too bad :frowning:

Sounds like you and me share similar financial situations… It really sucks. I couldn’t even spare the 50 bucks to help out freeing the sources.

(JarellSmith) #3

Hmmm… Sorry to hear about your current financial woes; hopefully things will get better for you.

WRT the contest, didn’t dreamaster7 offer to host it at her site?
Also I thought Hos had offered to fund a prize. Maybe he can help out with the arranging stuff also like when he stepped in last time (I like to offer other peoples services :wink: )

Well good luck and take care…

(valarking) #4

i hear ya about those financial problems. :frowning:

(CubeFan973) #5

Get someone else to do the contest! Don’t give up on those finances–just quit spending a lot of money, and don’t declare bankruptcy.

If you want to be involved, tell the new one to say on his/her front page:

“The contest was started by orange, or biofreak. It happened twice before some of his problems brought down the contest. I stepped in as host, so Happy Haunting!”

(Timonides) #6

That’s too bad news. I counted on that contest…

Anyway I hope you’ll be able to work out a sollution!!!

It’s really, too bad…

skontar.

(DreamMaster) #7

I’ll step in and host a contest for ya
I’ll even donate some prizes (but I need some assistances with prizes cuz I’m not that rich).

Please tell me if you want me to step in and have On the Haunt III?

(CubeFan973) #8

YES!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

MWAHAHAHA!

(Idgas) #9

Can someone explain to use n00bs what it is.??!

(digitalSlav) #10

it’s a halloween contest. just to see who can make the coolest halloween pic after the month is over. it’s been great fun and as you can see people have come pretty far since the first couple contests (if they are still hosted somewhere?). i’ve grown to love and respect people with the amount of improvement they have shown. i would host as well but am currently bogged down getting my own dotcom going :slight_smile:

long live on the haunt!