On the Haunt III

(orange) #1

Hey hey, it’s me biofreak if you can’t remember back that far… :slight_smile:

http://aspyre.net/onthehaunt/oth3.jpg

Well hey, I haven’t been in the community that much at all lately. I’m not even into Blender as much as I would like to be (started a godzillion worthless things I never finished…) and I’m more into the 2D world again. I’m not even sure what the situations are in the community or how much anybody really wants/needs another contest. And yeah it’s kind of early, but if I’m gonna get some decent prizes for it I’ll have to start working. :stuck_out_tongue: But anyway… I just dunno if it’s really worth it this year. Lemme know what you think. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

P.S. Yes, I have no resources to host the galleries yet… I’ll remedy that really soon so you’ll be able to see all your stuff again. Much sorries. :.(

(hannibar) #2

Yes yes yes!

(pofo) #3

Yay!
I love this contest, gotta have it :smiley:

Interesting choices in the poll too :wink:

1. pofo

(paradox) #4

Its worth it to me. Last year was my first entry, I want to do better this year.

Paradox

(BgDM) #5

Definitley worth it. This is one of the best contests for Blender users. I can’t wait to get started.

BgDM

(Jolly Gnome) #6

I also say a big YES to this, but I find it ridiculous to limit bloody images.

(haunt_house) #7

something haunted???

Blender???

whats rules?

whats deadline?

where???

how???

uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Hos) #8

Nope, don’t remember you – say, does anybody know what ever happened
to bioterror, red, or Janet Jackson? :wink:

I think it’s worth it – if you go ahead with it you can count me in
for a prize donation!

Chris

(theeth) #9

Good to see you back here :slight_smile:

I’m in, of course!

Martin
PS: I’d really appreciate if you could run On The Haunt so that it overlaps as little as possible with the Living Mech contest. Either I could advance the deadline or whatever, just e-mail me and we’ll discuss it.

(orange) #10

Okay I didn’t even know about this one… when does it end? I figure I’ll stop On the Haunt just before Halloween so the voting can take place on Halloween… or something…

(theeth) #11

We were aiming for a september 31st finish, but …

Martin

(ScottishPig) #12

YAY! BOTH3! I can hardly wait!!! WELL worth it!

(IngieBee) #13

You have to, it’s the best contest ever!!! Thanks for thinking of us again!!!

Love Ingie

(kaktuswasse) #14

yeah, I’m on the haunt to :wink:

(CubeFan973) #15

Yeah! Hopefully, this time I’ll actually get something entered in (and since I’ve had a year to improve my Blending Skills, it might look cooler this time). But, please, no X-rated galleries! Or XX-rated or XXX-rated!

Blender may seem dead for those who don’t register, but it will still haunt us… at least the closed source version will. (Is closed source a word?)

BTW: Why didn’t I enter last year? Back when I was iMyst, I registered, made an image of some teeth with blood on them (what it belonged to was totally up to you, mainly Al Gore :stuck_out_tongue: ), but not so far that it was a splatterfest, did most of what you wanted, but for some reason, I just didn’t enter. Was there something about websites? If so, I still don’t have one!

(orange) #16

Woo. I think we’ll definately do it this year. I’ll just have to get some hosting setup (ASP.net… of course… bye bye stupid ASP3/On the Haunt 2 woes) and some prizes!

Any of you ever hear of the IfComp? It’s just a contest for interactive fiction games… anyway… supporters donate prizes… but the prizes are anything they want. Like cool (used) games or rare comic books or whatever. Maybe we can do something like that this year just for the heck of it. Maybe…

Theeth… what would be best for you to make the contests work okay together? Since your contest was first I’d feel better working around the dates you set. But the OTH3 contest does go by fast cause it takes just a month… so maybe a deadline extension is a better idea for the Mech contest? Lemme know…

And as for the bloody images… since I’m considered such an evil person :smiley: because I take out all the gory images. Basically it’s just drawing the line… no excessive gore or “carnage.” There’s a difference…

This year I’ll add a feature that allows mature images to be posted but “blocked” by the people who don’t want to see that. Best idea… then I can keep the blood thirsty folks (hehehe) and the sensitive folks (me?) happy at the same time. :slight_smile: WEEhoo…

Anyway, I have to like get off my internet connection before I use up all my hours. :X

ADDed… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hosting idea… I can get very cheap “logic” hosting for like setting up the voting and stuff, and that requires very little space so it’s super cheap. Only problem is last year there was like 18 megs of images! :smiley: If someone has about 20 megs or so reliable space (that can stand the strain of lots of hits) that they would like to “donate” to the contest I would be most grateful. I can host the images and content on this server and the logic and stuff on a bought server (for cheap) and just have it get the images remotely…

(Hos) #17

I really don’t see the conflict here – the deadline for theeth’s contest is
a full month before halloween (my guess is that folks won’t
start working on Halloween pics until October anyways).

Maybe the ‘official’ announcement/site launch for the Halloween contest
could coincide with theeth’s deadline? Just a thought…

Chris

(theeth) #18

That would be ok for me. Like the F1 contest used to be announced months before, but only starts officially starts at a precise date.

Martin

(RipSting) #19

Heck, ya!

(orange) #20

Okay that sounds good I’ll just open the website October 1. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to get the old galleries back online before then though.