On the top of the hill

Thanks a lot, Ahmad!

1 Like

I wish i can have these graphics in the game engine :joy:

2 Likes

That came out great.
I think part of the animation, the fog in the trees, seams to be moving a little fast and how it appears in the scene, it looks as if its rising up abruptly (probably the physics-sim ??), just dont look smooth. The wind in the trees was a nice touch that looks good and her walking cycle was sweet along with the framing of her walking to the edge and then showing the scenery. Really like this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the specific feedback, Joe. I agree with you about the fog.
I animated the fog fast in an attempt to make the movement obvious,
but I think I went too far as you pointed out. It should be more subtle.
But unfortunately, the rendering of 11 sec video took about two weeks,
and I’m afraid it’s too late to fix things and re-render the video.
I think I should have asked for feedback more often during the production.
But I sincerely thank you for your reply, and it will help my next projects. :smiley:

I recommend you the Unreal Engine 5 real time demo. The day has already come! :smile:

1 Like

i’m not experienced in Unreal engine too much but i was learning blender for 2 years now , my current game :

you think i’m even close to Unreal engine grfx :joy:

1 Like

Very nice. Especially nice smile on the girl - not many people get that right.

I can’t help it … for some reason every time I look at the image, I hear "The hills are alive … with the sound of muuuusiiiic… "

2 Likes

I just saw the videos of your game, and it looks cool! The progress is amazing.
I know nothing much about real-time stuff, but I’m sure it’s not easy to achieve that level of quality.
Keep up the good work! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, Joe! I wanted to add a close-up shot of the girl’s face at the end, but I didn’t have time to work on it. So the smile can be seen only in the concept render.

Thank you ! Check your YouTube channel something is over there

1 Like

This is so beautiful! I like the atmosphere a lot!

1 Like

Thank you, Loniel! I tried to add some mood to a ‘neutral’ render by using compositing. And I think it worked this time.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Astounding artwork! I really love the lighting and how the final result has a bit of a painting feel to it.

May I ask, in a general sense, how did you make the landscape in the background? Was it manually sculpted? have you used an addon to generate the mountains or are then made from a heightmap?

1 Like

Thank you so much, Bart! What an honour!

Thanks a lot, Lillya! I exagerrated the light and color to see how much I can get with compositing. To answer your question, I used the ANT Landscape add-on that comes with Blender for the BG mountain. And then added some overall detail on it with a displacement modifier and a procedural texture. All the materials of the BG were made with procedural textures too.:smiley:

1 Like

i like it, great work, congrats.

1 Like

This is beautiful, really great job! :ribbon: Did you do all this just for this one shot? Or is this for a larger project?

1 Like

Thank you, Ozgur!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Avery! It is for a bigger project, but probably I won’t reuse these assets. This project was more like a test run of my production pipeline. And I also wanted to solve some potential technical problems (such as the particle hair braid rig). And it all worked out pretty well.:smile:

1 Like