On the top of the hill

Thank you, Ozgur!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Avery! It is for a bigger project, but probably I won’t reuse these assets. This project was more like a test run of my production pipeline. And I also wanted to solve some potential technical problems (such as the particle hair braid rig). And it all worked out pretty well.:smile:

1 Like

Uau, Amazing work. Thank you for inspiring us all.

1 Like

Beautiful render!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Luiz. Maybe that’s the biggest compliment an artist can get.

Thank you, birdnamnam!

I really like the feel of the scene!

For the video, I think the walk cycle is a little to stiff. You could improve it (in my opinion) by checking the curves in the graph editor. Sometimes, just ajusting those can really smooth a movement. Make sure the arms and legs make curves when they move. The arms could use some drag and follow through. Hjalti Hjalmarsson made a great conference on the principles of animation. He talk of this at 13:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJeoPAGbfY
I saw your comment on the render time of your project so this is a comment for your next project maybe. :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Very nice. How did you do the clouds? is this a texture on a plain?
Love the lighting you went with and how if frames the girl as she stands on the rock. The sun in the background looks amazing also.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailed advice, Maelys! I’ve been waiting someone to point out the animation :), since I have the least experience with the area compared to the other stages of production. As you know, I had to move on knowing some elements were not good. But I learned so many things in this project, and I’m sure I’ll be better next time, especially in animation. Thanks again for the tips and link!

1 Like

Thank you, Wayne! I used textured planes for the forest, and a big volumetric cube for the mountain. I wanted to try both methods, and my conclusion is that textured planes are good enough for backgrounds. It was faster to render, and easier to control to me.