One frame from my forthcoming teaser....

So this is what I got after 45 minutes of modelling, one further hour for lighting and don’t-know-what how many hours for tweaking the final details and render…a nightmare… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s da frame.

Greetings,
Juan.
Madrid, Spain.

P.S.: Needless to say, c&c welcome. This is one frame for the forthcoming teaser of my next CG short film which will be released 100% open free thru my website…stay tuned!!!

On the other hand I would like to give a strong hello to fellow forum members Osxrules and Oto, who are helping a lot thru the long way…

Don’t forget…possitive criticism is always welcome!

i like the effect of it, althought the foliage behind the plants in the front should be a bit darker. whats the plot going to be?

I think the picture is in its really dark threshold, in my opinion…if I go beyond that, details begin to get lost. I wouldn’t darken anything of it.

Jungle light is often really difficult to reflect, because plants leave very little light pass thru the leaves…However the (little) light that passes at, say, noon, has to be a real bright one, so big contrasts are created.

As for the film will be about real landscapes just as we imagine them…but with something special to it… :wink:

Sounds cool. The plants are also good. I’d put some things in the foreground, though, so the scene doesn’t look quite so empty.

This looks like it’s going to be very good when finished! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions, Clean3D and Punkfrog…

Here is an improved version regarding illumination of the same scene…and rendered at a higher resolution.

Clean3D, you are right…might think about what to place on the foreground…otherwise the scene itself looks really empty…

For this scene there is a camera travelling in the works, and the water is of course animated. As I told the frame is part of one of the shot of my forthcoming short CG film…

Greetings.

looking good :smiley:

MMmmmm…I am beggining to think I posted this in the wrong forum…Hey Mods…how about moving it to WIP? —just suggesting----

The second shot, especially, is certainly well-rendered … but ooh, is it dark. It’s going to be very hard to light some action in a space like that. As soon as your protagonist goes in there, s/he’s going to disappear. You’ll have an under-exposed picture: murky, not spooky.

The effect of darkness in a scene is actually achieved by use of contrast. The “black” areas that you are looking at on your monitor right now are really no “darker” than the screen would be if you switched the monitor off right now… if you did that, it would appear to “lighten” considerably. What makes it dark is the bright areas near to it, and by the sharp delineation of contrast (versus a gradual one).

So, when you put actors in here, you’re going to need to be able to illuminate them properly … and when you do so, of course, the surrounding areas will seem darker than they do on the “empty set.” It might be good to start plotting their movement-paths through the set now, while you are still rigging the lights, so that you can get “spooky darkness” and proper illumination at the same time. Even if the character’s going to be carrying a practical light (e.g. a torch), most of the lighting will still need to come from the environment.

—That’s right. I spent the last two days working on the lighting for the scene, just following your suggestions. This is what I ended up with.

It might be good to start plotting their movement-paths through the set now, while you are still rigging the lights, so that you can get “spooky darkness” and proper illumination at the same time. Even if the character’s going to be carrying a practical light (e.g. a torch), most of the lighting will still need to come from the environment.

—I will try to be aware of it in what will be the final render of the set, I will post the output as soon as I find comfortable with it.

Greetings,
Juan.