One more head

So, I have made a head too! It was harder than I thought, I started over several times to get to this result. And it could still be improved; I see some poly loops that are not in place.

The texturing is not quite right, either - especially around the ear. I used two photos projected from the side and front, but not UV mapped, so it cannot be animated. But I’m not going to animate it anyway, so none of this matters.

I’m going to use it for another project, but I felt it could be presented as a finished model on its own.

H

It looks pretty life-like with that texture. Did you make the texture or get it from somewhere else?

And how did you model it? Box modeling or face-by-face?

Thanks for a quick reply. I made the texture myself; it’s very simple - two photos I took of a friend, one from the side and one from the front projected as planar maps. Adjusted the specular value down to around 0.3 I think, otherwise pretty much the default settings. Box modeling.

(edit) Well, box modeling with some deletion of faces and building up again face-by-face.

H

Cool stuff. The forehead looks a little funny to me. The texture makes a huge difference in realism. A really fine bump map would go really well with this, I think.

—edit
the bottom corner of the ear looks a little sharp. Just noticed ;).
—edit

b01c

very cool! nice job with the eyes.

Yea I agree with b01c that his forehead looks odd. He looks like one of those aliens in Men In Black pretending to me a human.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3DMantis:

Yea I agree with b01c that his forehead looks odd. He looks like one of those aliens in Men In Black pretending to me a human.

What’s wrong with that? I pretend to be a human, too! LoL!

…and thanks for the comments, all.

H

i like the texturing.it looks like the texturing of game models.good uv unwrap i must say.keep it up! :smiley:

well exept for the eyes, everything is very good.