One Room Apartment in Sweden

My wife and I live in a one room apartment in the northen part of Sweden, in Luleå. Not far from the Artic Circle. These apartments were built in the mid seventies so the design is from that time.

I have been thinking how the apartment would look like if the apartment were designed with furnitures and cabinets from IKEA?

IKEA has designed swedish homes for many many years. So I messured the size of the apartment and started to model in Blender. It took a while to model everything. I looked for IKEA furnitures, kitchen cabinets and faucet and sink on the Internet.

During the winter the days are very short. Around Christmas the Sun is above the horizon for about three hours. But in the mid summer it’s the opposite.

During the winter lots of candles are used, especially tealights.

Greetings from this part of the Globe.

3 Likes

I like it!

Is the light just coming in from the windows, or are there other lights in the room, or open walls. And can you post your render settings?

Hi Scorpius
The light is coming from the windows. I used HDR as light source and area light as portals. Then I used an area light above the countertop and above the oven.
But I used some Ambient Occlusion to get it brighter (see the settings)

/Edusign

I love this render. Really well done. I’m from sweden as well so I get a special kind of enjoyment by seeing the IKEA funiture in a render like this. Thanks for sharing!