One-to-many or many-to-one shrinkwrap

I am trying to get this shield to turn into these projectiles, and vice versa- ideally creating a shape key.

Not just these exact meshes, but this is an example of the kind of thing I’m going for.

At first I thought I would use a shrinkwrap modifier to make the bullets combine into the shield, and then create a shape key. However I can’t find a configuration for the modifier that will do this- modifying the various settings doesn’t help much, neither does increasing or decreasing the number of faces in either mesh.

If there’s not a way to do this modifiers, I’m not thinking maybe a fluid simulation of some kind might be the real solution. Any thoughts of what the most straightforward way of creating a morphing effect between one object and a bunch?

Thank you!
shield.blend (3.5 MB)

I hid your shield and recreated one with a rounded cube ( better mesh )…
Did a simple location keyframe …starting from behind the object to in front…as the blobs move through the shield, they pass from a shrinkwrapped flat to their original shape…
They are actually shrink-wrapped to the backside of the shield and pop out the front…
Hope this is what you were aiming for…

shield-002.blend (3.9 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for the help!
My goal here was for the entire shield to split up into the blobs, but now I think that’s not something that can be done in a simple procedural way, I will need to either animate the individual blobs to individual parts of the shield geometry, or replace it with some sort of fluid simulation.
Thanks!