Open blend with my own default layout?

Hello!

I was wondering if it was possible to open a blend file, and still have MY own customized layout, settings etc, rather than the blends.

This is one thing that severely bugs me, and I believe it is a major hindrance, not to be able to always have my own “blender” when in for example, part of a larger development/collaboration with a larger group of people, where files get bounced around A LOT.

Best regards
//Morgan

Pretty sure if you uncheck (in the Open File window) this box it will not load the ui from the blend.

EDIT: From the wiki… (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Data_System/Files/Open#Open_Options)

Open Options
Inside each .blend file, Blender saves the user interface – the screen layouts. By default, this saved UI is loaded, overriding any user defaults or current screen layouts that you have. If you want to work on the blend file using your current defaults, start a fresh Blender, then open the file browser (F1). Turn off the Load UI button, and then open the file

Thanks! Totally missed that, mostly because I just double click, I suppose there isn’t a way to make that by default, is there? Can’t find any info about it in the wiki.

You can turn that option off by default in the User Preferences / File options

Can’t believe I didn’t even bother to check there, hah, thank you!