Just a reminder to everyone – OpenGameArt.org is always looking for new art submissions. If you happen to have any art that could be used in a game (maps, background objects, weapons, models, etc) that you’d be willing to release under a community license, we’d love to accept it. If you have a large volume of art and are concerned that it’ll take a long time to submit, just send me a PM on here and you can email me the archive, which I’ll submit manually.
- 3D models, maps, and rigs
- 2D art (sprites, backgrounds, icons, etc)
- Audio (music, sound effects, etc)
We cannot accept:
- Ripped content
- Content that has a non-commercial licensing restriction (as it is not compatible with the GPL)
- Content that is either a modification of, or obviously based on, commercial content
Even if you don’t have anything to submit, our collection is expanding rapidly, so feel free to browse around and make use of existing content. Also, we’re always looking for comments and recommendations for making the site more useful or easier to use. Feel free to comment on this thread.