OpenPatrician Game Art

As promised earlier I did another city hall. This one is also modeled after a real one. This time the one in

.Licensed by AssetBurned under CC BY-SA
Though my model is much simpler, it could use some additional ornaments. I also think that the size ratio of the inner (white) frame to the glass on all first floor windows is not right.

The model is available under CC BY-SA-NC

Up to this point I modeled the buildings surrounding the market place, what is missing are items that can be found on them like carts, stalls selling goods, …
So here is the first ware to be sold

It is a cabbage, in case you have not figured that out :wink: However it might as well by some kind of lettuce (like iceberg lettuce).
This is my first attempt at modeling through sculpting and texture painting. While I think I was lucky with the sculpting part to get it decent looking on my first try, the texture paint job could have been done better. However this model is only a prop therefore the not perfect texture may be forgiven.
This model is available at BlendSwap under the CC public domain license.

I created two wooden carts which only differ in their wheels. As I rendered them out I noticed an ugly seam on the inside of the cart but decided to do nothing about it, as wares will be loaded onto them they will be hidden.

How would go about rigging the axes so the cart can be lifted or put down? As you can see in the images the draw bars are suspended in midair. What I would like to do is to let gravity take an effect so that the bars drop to the floor.
Both images are licensed under CC BY-SA and available from the repository (heavy wood cart, wood cart)

Another vegetable:

It is hand panted and I noticed, that my laptop seems to be ill-suited for such tasks (integrated graphic).
The model is licensed under CC public domain.

Attachments

carrot.zip (689 KB)

Last weekend I spent some time to create a fish that can be sold at some market booth. Obviously there are some differences between alife and dead fishes. As this model is part of a larger scene the texture is not that well (as I’m not very good at painting a texture) but never the less I’m sufficiently pleased with my result:

The texture is almost compleatly hand drawn. Only the underlaying scales texture is based on the fish scales by MerrytheBerry from DevianArt.
The texture itself looks like this:

The model is licensed under CC BY and available from BlendSwap. In that package I included the image texture as a Gimp file, so anyone can improve the texture easily.

Another prop standing around anywhere in the scene. This is precisly the reason why the model and its texture does not withstand close scrutiny.

An the closeup of the rope:

The model can be downloaded from BlendSwap under the CC public domain license.
I guess I should have honed my sculpting skills doing the bag itself.

Another prop that can be bought on the market: The bread

I did this with sculpting and texture painting on my new Wacom Intuos4. If you look hard the drawing is visible.
The model is available at BlendSwap under the CC public domain license.

Cool, seriously. I may help you if interested in

Done my model for this weekend:

I will put the model up at BlendSwap as soon the BMesh release is out.

very nice, very very nice man

what do you use to render your models? and where did u get the ground texture? And, how did you do to model bread? you’re really good at it. So many questions hahaha

Thanks for your vote of confidence Manorial. Truth be told, I think texturing is my greatest weakness when it comes to modeling. Even if you think the result looks good and I concede it looks good enough for what I need it, I think I should achieve the same result in less time.
The models are rendered in Cycles. Looking at your rendering I figure you use Blender Internal. I’m not exactly sure from where I got the cobble stones, they are in my CC0 texture folder and so I use them to great effect. The bread was sculpted and then hand painted using texture painting. I did this mainly that way to test my new tablet out. Some finishing touches were made with different brushes in Gimp. That were all your questions right :wink:

I quickly did a statue of a deer to be placed on the market place. The deer was done by Chip over at BlendSwap and looks really great and put it on a base textured with an image from Blender Foundations Durian project.

On every market place you will find a well of some kind. Though I did not notice while watching, I was sure that in Sintel’s city setup there had to be a well of some kind and I was right. So I took that model and set it up for rendering with Cycles.
Here is the Blender Internal rendering from the Durian project:

And here is my setup with Cycles:

While I think the stone material looks better in the BI render, the same is not true for the wood. For the Cycles rendering I used the same stone texture but supplied my own textures for the wood.
I published the result over at BlendSwap under the CC-BY-SA license.

fantastic, really :slight_smile:

looks like its coming on very well hozst :slight_smile: look forward to seeing your progress :slight_smile:

very very nice. the sea is outstanding! you did a very nice job indeed

Placed some bread on my market booth, other items soon coming:

nice nice nice

Thanks. Here is the rest: