This game is already playable and had a few releases. You can see and download the current version here.
OpenClonk is a 2d sidescroller with a custom engine which has a lot of awesome features:
- Fully dynamic / deformable landscape (like in Worms), with fluids, etc.
- Online gameplay (sadly, there are not many players yet)
- Dynamic 2d lighting (with materials like lava emitting light)
- Own scripting language, which allows to create a completely new game
- Mesh Rendering with armatures / animation (instead of sprites, but they are supported for small objects)
- Buildings and Mining
OpenClonk is actively developed, but if you are interested in
- Creating sculpts for later retopology
- Creating low-poly meshes
- Texturing existing models
- Creating maps
we would appreciate it. The style is somehow steampunkish mixed with medieval characteristics and semi-realistic.
If you are interested in making this game even more fun, please have a look at the OpenClonk website, Forum or the general clonk website Clonkspot.
You can use the OpenClonk forum or write a reply here if you’ve got any questions.