A new version of the open source 2d animation software was released.
Although called a “minor” update, this version features:
- a horizontal timeline which is zoomable (!) alongside its existing Xsheet timeline
- MyPaint bitmap brush engine that expands OT’s bitmap painting capabilities far beyond the initial release
- Guided drawing for vector brushes
- flip viewer horizontally and vertically
- export soundtrack only
- new note level type (in addition to regular comments the animator can now insert notes in frames)
- custom command bar panel
- new xsheet/timeline command bar
- all Windows builds can be made portable
- edit values with middle mouse button drag
- Mojo brush set for MyPaint
- touch screen controls
- xsheet header redesign
- couple of new FX (Bokeh with depth channel)
and many bug fixes and smaller/bigger workflow and user interface enhancements.
For a full list and the download: https://github.com/opentoonz/opentoonz/releases
Also interesting to note: ClipStudio’s latest version includes a new direct OpenToonz export function.