OpenVDB remesh

add-ons
commercial

(burnin) #182

i think yes, just be sure to use modules for python 3.6

(bkjernisted) #183

I put a config file in my 2.79 folder so my other addons would not load. In this case where do you put the modules. I have the blender file on my desktop. Can I put the modules in the modules folder in my scripts folder instead of modules in app data roaming? Thanks

(ambi) #184

You can put the modules in any folder Blender reads Python modules from. To my knowledge, all Blender 2.79 versions read the modules from AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules

I tried with the cgstrive build and copying the modules inside the Blender installation folder (blender-cgstrive\2.79\scripts\modules) I’m able to load the addon.

I’m currently refactoring the project so that it’s just one folder inside addons, but aren’t ready to release quite yet.

(bkjernisted) #185

Thank you burnin and ambi.

(ambi) #186

I just uploaded a single .zip on Gumroad. Should work on all Windows 64-bit (7, 8, 8.1, 10), Python 3.5 & 3.6, Blender 2.79. No more complicated setup, I hope.

(bkjernisted) #187

Thank you ambi. Great addon?

(brothermechanic) #188

ambi, can you give me an advice, how to solve this error?)
did you encounter such an error?
ImportError: ./pyopenvdb.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN5boost6python15instance_holderE
I do not leave attempts to build openvdb with numpy)

(ambi) #189

The instructions to install the Linux version is on Gumroad. I’m still working on the Linux one to make it a single install, but so far you still have to do the steps separately. You can’t install the Linux .zip through Blender, you have to manually unpack it to right locations. I made a short video about it.

(brothermechanic) #190

Thnak you, already use addon from your package
But i want to compile openvdb library by myself (for example now i move to python-3.7 and of course addon stop working)
I think you can know about my issue
Thnak you anyway)

(ambi) #191

Unfortunately compiling OpenVDB is a lot more complex and involved process, so I can’t really give support for that on this thread. Good luck.

(mrtzg) #192

Hi ambi, do you have a rough estimate when this plugin could be ported to 2.8? Like reaaaally rough. I recall you said something about the python api still seeing changes.

(ambi) #193

Truthfully, I have no idea, but as I now know people want it I’ll spend more time working on it.

(gritche) #194

while I use 2.8 more and more often (maybe 50% of the time), it would be great to have it!

(ambi) #195

Preview version of the addon for Blender 2.8 Windows 64-bit (vdb_remesh_b2.8-preview-win64.zip) is up on Gumroad. Tell me how you like it. Blender 2.8 is still under development, so expect a lot of bugs.

(gritche) #196

thank you ambi for this preview!

did a quick test
it work fine with clean geometry, but fail with non manifold and intersecting geometry

(ambi) #197

If you want you can always upload a .blend and I can take a look.

(gritche) #198

an example of intersecting geometry (the hands)
for non-manifold suzanne don’t work for me

prof_vdb_crash.blend (3.7 MB)

(ambi) #199

Blender 2.80 doesn’t seem to report object dimensions correctly. Sometimes they’re just (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) even if the the model is clearly there and has a bounding box. Setting the absolute mode instead of relative, as default should prevent from the error happening. After the changes your model seems to work quite well.

Uploaded a new preview on Gumroad. There are also new settings in the addon preferences section where you can set minimum voxel size and maximum polygon amount.

(Vertigos) #200

Thank you very much, this addon is just amazing. I really needed something like this for avoiding zbrush in 3D printing. I have been struggling for a long time with this issue (even I started to code my own script) but you nailed it. Thank you very much.

I dare to ask for a feature. It would be nice if we can setup parameters before clicking on the “launch…” because the last used values are saved and maybe I do not want to wait for a long time if I am doing some test after performing a high quality retopo.

Also, a better parameter description (for silly artist) would be nice. ie: “voxel size defined in world coordinate” could be “the lower voxel size the higher accurate and polygon count” or something like that, you know what I mean.

Thank you very much!!!

(gritche) #201

I tested the latest 2.8 prev version, everything seems to work properly

the new options in the preferences are a good thing

thanks ambi!