OpenVDB remesh

add-ons
commercial

(rbx775) #121

scroll up to posts, or do ctrl + f => “windows 7” / “win7” for a detailed answer.

(cgstrive) #122

Hello ambi

This is amazing plugin. Just curious given OpenVDB exists in some form in Blender (@ caching ) how difficult do you envision would it be to upgrade Remesh modifier to do what you’re doing here. With fluid remeshing and powerful workflow for modeling as such, it seems inevitable final destination.

Tnx

(ambi) #123

The OpenVDB remeshing itself isn’t that complicated, but the trick is how to properly integrate OpenVDB with Blender, something I haven’t really looked into outside making a Python addon out of it.

Ideally, OpenVDB would be the data structure that Blender uses everywhere to handle voxel data.

One problem I can see is Python integration. OpenVDB uses Boost. Blender uses its own method.

(Fatesailor) #124

Thanks rbx775!

(bkjernisted) #125

I am running python 3.51. Is there any advantage to installing 3.6? If I do install 3.6 will it affect any of my addon installations like archipack? Will installing open vdb remesh affect archipack?Thanks

(ambi) #126

You need the version your Blender uses. Open Python console inside Blender and check what version it uses, download that version.

(bkjernisted) #127

I could not see it in the console so I checked my blender folder and i have python 3.5. Thanks ambi

(Rence) #128

Just bought it, followed the steps for Windows 10, works like a charm!
We need VDB in 2.8 - hopefully it can be achieved with the Everything Nodes development!

(mrtzg) #129

I’ve bought it as well. Really exciting stuff. Funnily enough i’ve read the news like 2 days after that cinema 4d R20 is gonna feature open vdb meshing.

(mrtzg) #130

After having tried it out more thoroughly i just wanted to say how amazed i am by what it does. Thanks for the great work!

(MmAaXx) #131

how did I miss this one!

(Metin Seven) #132

Maybe you can implement the Quadriflow algorithm? And release a Blender macOS version while you’re at it. :wink:

(ambi) #133

Quadriflow is a quad remesher specializing in excellent quad topology. This addon is about turning whatever mesh into voxels, manipulating those voxels and then transforming it back into polygons. Two completely different things, even though the end result does look similar.

(kabu) #134

Didn’t know about this. Looks interesting…

(Metin Seven) #135

Hi @ambi

Thanks for your reply. I understand. Your add-on is comparable to Dynamesh in ZBrush, while Quadrimesh is comparable to ZRemesher.

Any chance of a Blender macOS version in the near future? I’d love to have a go at your add-on.

Thanks.

(faseri) #136
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\steamapps\steamapps\common\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "C:\Users\Семья\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\vdb_remesh.py", line 14, in <module>
    import pyopenvdb as vdb
ImportError: DLL load failed: Не найден указанный модуль.

Can’t enable addon, installed all as described on gumroad page
Here is my modules folder: https://i.imgur.com/AxevCYi.png
What should I do?

(ambi) #137

Hi, did you install both Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 and download the correct package for your Python version (if I had to guess, it’s 3.6 for Blender 2.79)

You should be able to download vdb_remesh-win-python36-beta-2018-04-28 (for Python 3.6) it has everything you need. Everything in the /addons folder in the .zip goes to /addons in Blender and everything in /modules folder in the .zip goes to /modules folder.

(ambi) #138

I have tried to get MacOS working on a virtual machine, but so far have been unsuccessful. If and when I’m able to get a working Mac system up and running, I’m willing to give another shot on compiling the binary.

(Metin Seven) #139

Cool, thanks a lot! :+1:

(IPv6) #140

i`m too waiting for mac version to buy.
Thanks for your efforts