Optimal PC for Blender 2.8

If you use a cpu that doesn’t have an igpu in it, then you must definitely get a discrete gpu. The hdmi output on the motherboard’s I/O panel is active only if you install an AMD apu, like the 2200g or the 2400g. If you intent to install the 2700X in your system, then you need a gpu. No question about it.

2 Likes

Don’t you think going with the entry-level threadripper is better since you have the option of upgrading to faster CPU later on the same STR4 motherboard? The low end Threadripper is $320, with 8 cores in a few years the higher end models will go down in price and you’ll be able to get at least one meaningful upgrade without having to rebuild a new rig.

1 Like

Eager to see the results.

Also the extra memory slots give a good opportunity to improve system rendering of larger scnes or large simulations compared to default desktop systems

Very valid point. I’m planning to start within my budget (USD $700ish) and add on later.
I’ll start a separate thread so my questions do not overtake Ops thread (thank you Jiří Masák for posting your Question.)

Being a first build, that’s a great point that I was not aware of untill your post. I’ll start a separate threat with my planned build. Thank you for your observation.

1 Like