Well after posting my question last night, I went to bed. The next day, I opened up my Blender project and apparently it had changed or “transformed” into a new arrangement as seen in the attached image. Since I’m not versed enough in Blender, I can’t speculate what was the initial problem, but it “seems” Blender may have fixed it for me. As you can see, the four vertices that constitute the present orange, “phantom” face were usable and my problem is solved. DruBan, I did consult beforehand with the online manual you mention, but wasn’t really able to narrow down what my issue was. Needless to say, there is a vast amount of information to be learned, something which I try to everyday. Thank you all for your help!