Orc bust study

for the skin I used: color, specular, bump - displacement and a map with dirt.

Its only what i noticed, perhaps you find it does look good. DOnt feel the need to change it, not sure you can the SSS locally

Amazing work! The character feels very lively! Congratulations!

I feel the highlights on the skin is too even across the face in the closeup. All highlights being white-ish, I would suggest more variation in hue and intensity.

1 Like

thank you. so in those images what took more time was beard. Sss letā€™s say it was fast. Scenes range from about 7 minutes to 40 minutes depending on how the scene is. Without the beard it arrived about 4 minutes. rendered the scene in hybrid mode with the cycles.

I still want to make some more images for this orc. so I can do some more studies on my skin. I also thought about producing new props. But I will post on the wip and when you have finished the game here the images.
On the sss, in this case I used the own color map with some color adjustments to make the sss, but to adjust the sss locally, I have to make a specific sss map and with it I can adjust where I need to.

How long did it take you to create this? looks stunning!

But can cycles adjust ā€œthicknessā€ local, I think itā€™s a general setting and will be applied all over the material. So if the nose gets letā€™s sss than all the skin gets less. But perhaps using a bw map lighter Tex around the nose will help. Iā€™m not sure how this works with cycles. I donā€™t use it actually

WoW :smiley: one of the best works I seen here!

Wow Great Work.

1 Like