Orc Warlord

thank you all for your feedback. I am proud of your appreciation and motivated to commit myself even more.

1 Like

That is incredible! Would love to see more of your work.

1 Like

Yes, it is a particel simulation. The objects are a collection of curves with a simple hair shader.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Orc Warlord:

OH MY GOODNESS! Im a begginer and THIS is the kind of things im longing to create. Love your job :green_heart:

2 Likes

Really awesome work!

Could you share some details on how many polygons the final mesh has and how many textures you used and which resolutions they have?

1 Like

Thank you for your appreciation! I answer your question with a screenshot, I hope it is exhaustive. The resolution of the textures related to this mesh (the body of the ogre) is 4096x4096 pixels.

BlenderNation.com has just published an article of mine that talks about this work with a brief description and some interesting screenshots. For anyone interested, this is the link to the page.

Wow wish my first post was this epic. And youā€™re self taught? Man I need some pointers from you

1 Like

GREET! cool :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks! Somehow I thought the texture resolution is 8k or more, as it looks so sharp. :smiley: But when i look more closely now, you can see its not so high res, but together with the mesh details is looks somehow so.

1 Like

SOOO COOL! Looks straight outta Warhammer! :smiley:

1 Like

You must be cheating this is not 3d is a real photo of a real orc.
Damn good :wink:

1 Like

Impressive artwork and your ā€œBehind the scenesā€ article is very inspirational :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Damn dude. This is another one of your works that Iā€™ve commented on in the last couple days, again, amazing detail and just great overall quality of work.

1 Like

WoW! Iā€™m speachless! Can you tell us the story behind this character? Who is he? Why is heangry? After who? Why is he white? Shouldnā€™t he be green? I love it when a pic is telling a story! So much stories are starting to flow in my mind with yours.

1 Like

@ManInBlack yes it is true, thanks again, we are now like two longtime friends! :grin:
@Lubo okā€¦ he is a sort of general of some army of ferocious orcs, one of those who during the battle advances in the fray by slashing left and right while all the opponents try meticulously to avoid it. It is white because it has a skin problem, a melanin deficiency or similar stuff and yes, it hates everything and everyone because this is how all chaos creatures do :wink:. Thank you for your appreciation!

2 Likes

Jesus Christ thatā€™s terrifying, I love it! Superb work, thereā€™s so much to commend you for, but most of all this is full of character and it really feels aliveā€¦ and it wants to eat my face. :smiley: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Epic!, soooo epic that when I saw it I just opened Blender and started sculptingā€¦like when a blockbuster is released and artists try to make something from it, I looked the same way to your work! Was never be able to sculpt something I will dare render a close up of, kept trying harder with a lot of unfinished projects, and end up blaming it on the poly-count and blender will lag if I subdivide more and give up. but when i saw your work I had no excuse :slight_smile:
Sorry if I should have asked for permission first, my plan was just to practice for myself and never use it anywhere else, but I decided to share with you to show you my appreciation and how much your work was inspiring for me. I donā€™t think I really nailed it, but Iā€™m glad I tired, cause learned something important, ā€¦ some kind of confidence i didnā€™t have before when starting a new sculpt in blender which is really important.
Thank you so much and please keep doing what youā€™re doing.

Hi, this post is truly amazing, I never expected anyone to make their own version of my character. Thank you, I feel very honored and at the same time happy to have inspired you so much. Congratulations on your work, really good !!!

1 Like