orc warlord

From the mouth of Tony the Tiger, “GRREEEEAAT”, that is awesome, you should try making a mini movie with him.

wow…dude…wow!

hey… thanks for the comments.
sorry blendermaniacs but i wanna make something new [i’m thinking of a cave troll or maybe a balrog… so much for LOTR :slight_smile: ]
i think the orc is fine now as it is.
it’s some kind of portait, that’s why there’ s no need for a background.

w00t! i haven’s expected so many comments :smiley:
@ndy

:smiley:

Very good work !

cool man! i really like the bumps cause it makes the skin have this leathery feel to it. kixass 8)

Tom

Really nice, congratulations :slight_smile:

Stefano

Impressive.

As the newbie that i am, i have thousands of questions, but i’ll start from the beginning (i only expect general answers)

• What primitives do you use to model the general shape of the head? NURBS?

• I’ve been unable to find a tutorial on organic modelling for Blender yet, could anyone point me to de address of one?

Thanks.

this time i haven’t used a primitive like a cube, i modeled everything vertex by vertex and face by face with SubSurf. i don’t use nurbs very much [ok, in fact i’ve never used it :-? ].

one tutorial waqs a big help for me, the head modeling tutorial on this site: https://blenderartists.org/tutorials.php?id=3

before that i started modeling with a cube and subdivided it several times. then i modeled the shape for a head out of it…

btw: wow [again ;)]! so many comments, even after this post sunk down to the bottom of the Finished Projects page.
you all rock!
:smiley:

.andy

hey andy !

now it is my time to comment your work, seems you have been doing much lately… :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the detailed work on your Orc …sorry if I haven’t commented it before…

I want my Bloodcells to be most commented…YAY! but now your Orc
has won LOL…please do check my Bloodcells if you haven’t :wink:

and your Core work is supergreat as well… !

Just like looking in a mirror.