O'reely

Seems a little Draconian…

Had a quick look at your forum rules/recommendations and couldn’t find anything explicitly banning curse words. If this was an automated response, I’d like to know if I have to refrain from swearing to prevent this, as it’s a little disconcerting to be automatically labeled as an arsehole?

You didn’t include a link, so I’m not 100% sure but I think the word ‘fuck’ triggered an automated moderation. It shouldn’t be listed as a community flag, this looks like a bug.

Thanks Bart, I am prone to colourful language, I shall just refrain from using explicit language. I only asked because BlenderArtists is the only forum I still lurk, as all my other haunts have become overrun by bots, trolls, negative and nasty comments, the American bi-partisan bigoted commentaries on Slashdot, which I used to enjoy, has turned any kind of discussion into a disturbing dystopian nightmare. Your forum a breath of fresh air, although I do enjoy the occasional spat. I admit am guilty of forgetting that sarcasm and irony do not translate well on the internets. Perhaps I should rethink my general dislike of emojis. Keep up the good work and thanks once again!

We do try to run a tight ship yes, because before I took over and moved to Discourse Blender Artists wasn’t doing too well… Glad to see it pays off!