Oreo Product Viz

A little product rendering exercise. Modeling, texturing and rendering in Blender.

More renders on Artstation and Behance.

34 Likes

Is the material procedural? Can you show it to me? Thanks

1 Like

I don’t usually make fully procedural materials, but this one is because I used voxel remeshing for the topology, so I couldn’t really make usable UVs anyways.
The full node tree for the cookie looks like this:

The neat thing about this is that it can be applied to any object by adjusting a few scale parameters.

8 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

i was who make you get featured btw :grin: :+1:

Amazing works in your gallery. Attention for details is unbelievable.

1 Like

Eevee or Cycles?

That texture, of course, is terrific. (Apparently an equally-nice one for the filling …)

But, how did you create the surfaces of the cookie itself? That’s quite a detailed die, on the original product, and you’ve certainly executed it quite faithfully.

I’m a cycles guy. I never used eevee for final renders, so I’m not super familiar with it, particularly when it comes to lighting.

If you are talking about the relief pattern on the cookie, that was done with booleans and voxel remeshing. I just modeled the relief separately with arrays and relatively simple geometry, then merged it with the cylindrical base and then used voxel remeshing to make it a continous volume, which is also why I don’t show the wireframe on my portfolio, because it’s a mess.

1 Like

Nice work and looks great. I’m a bit jealous as I’ve been wanting to do an Oreo cookie for years and now you’ve inspired me to give it a go! Thanks for sharing.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!