Orient watch modeling and rendering

This is my personal project done for portfolio improvement and for some lighting studies. Almost all done with blender. I used blender light studio addon by leomoon studios to create lighting setups - very helpful thing.

40 Likes

Really amazing !!! the lightning of the first render is not of my taste tho, eveything else is woaw :ok_hand:

1 Like

thanks for your comment. Now I see the first image is really controversial. Maybe I should choose another one for the title (upd: and that I did)

1 Like

i think its the purple color :see_no_evil:

My coloring skills are far from good :frog: Yes, that red tint just kills everything. It is now so obvious but I somehow haven’t noticed it before. Thank you again. Here is the new version which is probably better (I hope so)

3 Likes

Yeah this is really good, the blacks make everything pops out. I’m curious to hear more opinions about this tho :blush:

Great work !!

1 Like

This is awesome, it looks so real :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent results, I really like the texture you’ve achieved specifically on the leather.

1 Like

I featured on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks, guys!

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Excellent work!

1 Like

Awesome! Now animate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back case is stunning! Job well done :+1:

2 Likes

Great work! Can you maybe show us how you’re lighting the scene/model?

1 Like

I’m just learning how to do the lighting properly. As I mentioned before, I used light studio plugin by Leomoon Studios to create lighting setups. The workflow is shown on their website. I found that plugin a bit more comfortable to use than this one, but you can try it as well.

The basic principle is to use brighter and harder lights as rim lights, add some moderate key lights and large and soft fill lights. And use the lights to underline the shape. (I hope I use the terms right way)

watch this video for some inspiration:

The picture with coloured lights is a different story. I’ll describe it in a separate post if you are interested.

3 Likes

Woooohaa. If this is done with Blender: congrats. Specially the back side, where you did not forget the grinding texture and all this tiny elements below the back glas. - Stunning. Did you have the blueprints - already in digital form from the development/engineering department? - However, amazing work!

This one is double wow: https://blenderartists.org/uploads/default/original/4X/9/1/a/91a52b69dd26d4d571e99b7580538aa5f3bd83d3.jpeg

1 Like

No, I didn’t have any blueprints or models from manufacturer - just photos from the internet. Fortunately, I found this website with exactly same mechanism

1 Like

Wow, I totally admire this: a friend of mine makes watches (as hobbyist but they are pro manufacture level, his skills are amazing) and I know how many hours he needs for one. It must be a similar amount of hours, to reproduce it in this high grade of details in Blender. Again: all my compliments. Just amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi, Please contact me for a job offer. [email protected] /Best Regards Patrik

1 Like