Orphan Slayer - Clears Scenes and Removes Unused Objects

File "C:\Users\carmatic\Documents\airfoilreducedsize.blend\Text", line 84
    every_block_name =
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Error:   File "C:\Users\carmatic\Documents\airfoilreducedsize.blend\Text", line 84
    every_block_name =
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Error: Python script fail, look in the console for now...

the word wrapping in the forums causes a break in the text there

Just checking in to thank you for this script. Very useful…

Nice one, had something similar to whack armatures and actions when testing bvh addon, had a save then revert. Led to some whoops moments when I ran the wrong script.

A tip on the collections type

bpy_collections = [k.identifier
                   for k in bpy.data.bl_rna.properties
                   if k.type == 'COLLECTION']

will give you a list of [“objects”, “meshes”,…] etc.

has one got this working osx 10.11.6 bl 2.77
I see this error when i try to install it

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/Applications/blender-2.77-OSX_10.6-x86_64/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Resources/2.77/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py”, line 330, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.77/scripts/addons/Orphan_Cleanup.py”, line 38
‘’‘.’‘’
^
IndentationError: expected an indented block

EDIT
Okay solved i found version 0.1 and i now found a version 0.2, this seems to work

Very useful addon. Thanks!

Indeed really usefull. Dunno how it got ignored so long. Too many good addons to follow in the last month :smiley: This one saves us a lot of time cotejrp1 :slight_smile:

^Ignored?
Maybe not written about as much as common user would expect :stuck_out_tongue:

So, for those interested… Again, the location of v.0.2:

Hi there, Is it compatible with 2.78?
I got some errors when I launch the script from text editor.
Is it supposed to be added trough zip?
Thank you for your work.

Yeah can’t make it appear in Addons in 2.78a.

I now have the addon active but it does not show anywhere. I would appreciate someone input on this.

@ animani: Did you look on the “Misc” tab in the toolshelf?

Thanks for letting me know about that. It seems that using the Tabs Interface Addon Misc tab gets hidden. I will report that to it’s creator.

Thanks again!

Absolutely amazing addon appearing in Tools Misc tab once it is enabled. I installed it as raw py file. Works with Blender 2.79, so I am happy to get rid off unused stuff.

Hello,

I tried the script,but it didn’t work on my scenario. Check this video :

it seems that is not able to remove the orphaned pictures located inside my blender file ?

Cleaning a blender file i tedious. Cleaning a blend file from linked stuff is more tedious even. The amount of none used items which keeps stored is ridiculous.

@Marietto,

Keep in where those image are used. There certain orders which are best to delete none used items. For instance, if there are a lot textures used in materials, those textures will not get deleted unless the materials are deleted which are using them. Sometimes it helps going into outliner panel>datablocks (select it from dropdown menu). Here you can find everything in the file.

PS i also think missing links are not to be deleted. That would be very wrong if they did. IF you want to restore the link try the amaranth tool, this will show you all the missing objects, files etc etc which are missing. Very easy to relink them.

Also what is the image for? is it a backdrop image?

I fixed the orphaned images error following this video…

weird, cause oprhan slayer should take that away. But i think cause it linked to something it could delete it. In the data-block tab at the bottom you also see orphan files.

Nice stuff but it doesn’t works in 2.79 … Compatible update soon ?

Yo, is there and update for 2020 and 2.82 0 2.9 ? Or a similar addon - I know I can remove this manually, but this is the first script I ran into that can delete it…
…anyway, I wouldn’t mind an update