[OSX] Building blender, CMAKE + XCODE

just upgraded to osx 10.7
xcode to 4.3
cmake to 2.8.7

can’t build anymore. cmake can’t generate buildfiles and halts.

10.7 uses a different compiler, one that doesn’t quite handle all of blender’s source yet. But I thought I got cmake to work, I just had problems with certain files throwing compile errors; I disabled some components until the build worked. Seems like you have a different problem if cmake doesn’t work for you. I have osx 10.7.2, xcode 4.2.1, cmake 2.8.6

i went from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 in OSX,
xcode 4.1 to 4.3,
and cmake 2.8.6 to 2.8.7

well gonna try and fix it during weekend. will post if I solve it.

I’m building on Lion with scons, so this may not help.
However, I had to use the tips here: http://www.petercarrero.com/content/2011/07/26/compiling-blender-svn-osx-lion-scons to get the building to work properly.
Perhaps the page contains some information that will enable you to build using CMake as well?

Mac OS X 10.7.3 and Xcode 4.3 installed from the App Store here…

I’m building with scons. Problem was that the SDK is now located in the Xcode bundle. So it’s now in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs instead of /Developer/SDKs. Also aliases to gcc-4.2/g+±4.2 don’t exist anymore, so you have to use gcc/g++. Hope that helps…

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:97 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

failed to make symlinks when installing cmake. :frowning:

still unsolved, todays 23rd Feb nightly build of CMAKE 2.8.7 could install w/o symlink issues, it didn’t complain it couldn’t make command links.

but cmake still can’t configure xcode 4.3 projects, halts on.

CMAKE_XCODE_SELECT /usr/bin/xcode-select

I’ve gone into Xcode and installed command line tools if it could help. :frowning:

someone else having problem since upgrading to 10.7.3 and xcode 4.3 latest from app store?

had same problems. uninstall 4.3 and install 4.2.1 “solved” it for me. i can live without 4.3.

Edit: sorry, no real solution.