Our Eternal Cosmic Requiem

(Mattimus) #1

Something new in blender after a lengthy break, I hope you enjoy!

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1981/oureternalcosmicrequiem.jpg

Our Eternal Cosmic Requiem

Attachments

(chotio) #2

Did you use an orthographic camera?

I never see something like this.

Saludos
adié

(robi) #3

It seems to me very original and beautyful. And it opens a new world in terms of Blender renderings.
The only detail i don’t like is that you can see some of the planets behind the middle line of the branches, which is imho distracting, but it seems a choice, not an error. I think this work would show nice in almost every art gallery. Do you have any other work of yours to show?

(dreif) #4

Very nice image ! :slight_smile: If it were not for the luminosity of the highlights it would look as if it was done in watercolors!

(aion4217) #5

I never see something like this.

(brankovukelic) #6

5 stars. Always nice to see abstract and surreal scenes. Great work.

(Husam) #7

Very original and inspiring. 5 stars.

Can we see some wires? Also any insight as to how you created the partitioned look?

(Mattimus) #8

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Wireframe: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6387/wirez.jpg

The partitioning was done using loopcuts along desired edges, and deleting the center of the loop to seperate the mesh, example: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8364/loopcut.jpg

(Arik_the_Red) #9

Very, very good use of the medium! Original, and carries well the feel of a painting and sculpture brought together into a distinctly stylized render!

I put another vote for Gallery!

(sundialsvc4) #10

There is no question in my mind that this should be in the gallery immediately.

This is artwork … realized using a purely digital medium … and it very creative, very original stuff. I was both surprised by it, and visually challenged by it, before I settled down to admire it.

I did not particularly try to admire “its digital execution.” Instead, I admired it.

Well done.

(Husam) #11

Thanks for the info. I hope this makes the gallery and the banner :slight_smile:

(bobrandolph) #12

I noticed that this isn’t in the gallery yet. This is a really inspiring piece and makes me want to work on something similar when I have more time. Isn’t that the point of the gallery, to get people working in Blender?

Also, I would like to see a series of similar pieces.

(Mattimus) #13

Thanks a ton!, It’s really awesome to hear the positive feedback!

We’ll see, maybe if I have some time :stuck_out_tongue:

(TweakingKnobs) #14

yeah !

we are one with the universe, and the universe is us !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(CMonson) #15

Grats on the banner, very nice piece :eyebrowlift:

(hellot) #16

Really, cool. If I hadn’t known this was done in Blender, I would have never guessed 3D art. It almost looks like it was sculpted in clay. It’s almost tribal looking. Very original.

(migius) #17

Mattimus, congratulations!
I like the concept, but in my opinion it would work better with slightly broken symmetry.
show more of this sort
migius

(William) #18

Reminds me of the spaghetti monster.

(nickclaw) #19

“rAmen…”

(SSimpossible) #20

Congrats on the banner! Nice work :smiley: