Out of the Box - animation

Andy – that was great. I loved it. I’ll watch again with a critical eye later, but the first time got me right into it and not even thinking about looking weak spots.

*****!

re: comments about more camera moves, etc – huh? Have you ever seen the way a stand-up show is shot? Very much like this. You don’t want to cut it like an action movie, and Andy’s skills show that he knows that.

Hahaha, cute. Horrible jokes ;), but wonderful animating and camera control.

i thought it was fantastic! … two stars…

and a compliment from the super greatness is not a thing to take lightly, print this out, and put it under your pillow and it will give you a lifetime of good luck!

great stuff man!

your old…

thank you…

I want the video to speak for itself. Hopefully it crosses cultural and language barriers reasonably well.

what the …is this a animation about a match stick or world hunger you big moron! you just got reduced to 1 star…keep your mouth shut from this point on…

thank you

That was quite funny, well animated and the camera work was spot on. Nice cuts between the audience and the comedian.
The charater was great, and the after credits joke worked nicely.

Only thing I didn’t like was the match’s head, it just didn’t feel right, but maybe it’s just me.

the :“Shader” thing was a joke :smiley:

Me bad :smiley:

I see Shago or Wu hmmm… i must investigate this one

Thanks everyone - and sorry Super Wu. I didn’t mean to upset you. I know how sensitive you are and I should know better. In fact, anyone who’s seen you singing “I can’t stand to fly” has seen your sensitive side. Anyway, sorry - what was I thinking?

Please note Wu, that I had my mouth shut while I was typing this so please don’t get too stressed. Take a deep breath, cuddle your teddy bear and, if things get too difficult, take your frustrations out on a desk lamp. Anyway, sorry.

Love you as always Wu, your hero and mentor, Andy. :smiley:

Anyway, sorry.

hey, nice one. I think it matches your personallity… haha… matches… hmmm… okay… never mind.

Good to see you also have ideas of your own.

great!!!

Great Job lilpurplmartiandude! I saw him in the audience, sans shades of course. Good jokes, too! Great expressions. Freznupple.

andyd= you will be impressed to know that the real sago was sitting behind me as i wrote that post…or was that just a mirror…

in all seriousness i think the animation was great, but the lines and delivery was the best part, really good stuff man! cant wait to see the next animation!

Haha, that was absolutely awesome AndyD! The animation was perfect, and the expressions were absolutely awesome! Lip syncing was great as well.

Loved the story and very original! As I was watching it, the script seemed so good, I figured you must have copied it from somewhere, so it was really cool to see you’d done this whole thing yourself! Nice work!

5 stars easy.
Keep up the fantastic work AndyD!
Cuby

Well thank you all.

Wu: Of course Sago was with you. Sago is a-l-w-a-y-s with you. :slight_smile:

hey, nice one. I think it matches your personallity… haha… matches… hmmm… okay… never mind.

Good to see you also have ideas of your own.
Hmmm, a compliment without a put-down. Who are you and what have you done with the real Sago - or is the pressure of Peach already getting to you?

Ideas for the next project have been thin but I do have some thoughts on a series for kids - no matches in that project of course.

“Freznupple” Paps.

Great work AndyD! What can I say more? I loved it!

Nice work, AndyD! It looks like you put a lot of work into that.

I hope you aren’t feeling burned out.

Let me say just this: You are a genious AndyD!
And whatever they say, I did like the jokes.
Especially the last one with the hands!
Great work. :yes:
GeeN

How have I managed to miss this for so long?

Great work AndyD, and well done for ploughing through and finishing it! :smiley:

Personally, I didn’t really like the angle of the camera for the shots from his right. The crowds weren’t that bad either, and it didn’t really matter anyway as they were quite dark.

Aligorith

Thanks again. Genius? Well, that’s what I tell people but it’s unusual to have someone say it for me :slight_smile:

Aligorith: Shots from HIS right? So, that would be the low shots where he says “I hope not” and “I don’t like smoking”? These are probably the most jarring camera angles and looking at it now, could it be the harsh shadows that unsettle you?

The crowds were meant to be even darker, overall, but seemed to brighten up in the re-encode post-pro.

Bugman: Not burned out, I approached it pretty casually. But I was getting a little frustrated toward the end with minor irritations (like the sequencer corrupting the end credits unless I rendered two separate sequences then joined back together in post-pro). It did reach the point where I began to wonder if it was funny at all - but I’m used to that from doing amateur theatre where none of the cast are laughing by the time show-night comes around.

I am noting any concerns and I’m going to try and not look at it for a few weeks then take a fresh look and decide if any of the “problems” justify repairs or if I’d be better off starting something new.

It’s now on YouTube too.

Great short animation, AndyD! An inspiration to all us aspiring animators:yes: Five Stars.

Wow ! Congratulations AndyD !
Some times ago, I wrote you that I was sure that you were hiding some Blender treasures somewhere. I’m very happy to discover that I was right !
You gave me 1min43s of happyness . Thank you ! I loved this animation, and the jokes as well.
Well done !
Philippe.

Awesome animation and script! Thanks for making me laugh.:slight_smile: