Pablo Dobarro's master plan for sculpting and painting, development news

For now it’s only for sculpt mode. Hopefully once he puts in the paint improvements then the reset should be able to branch out to paint modes later.

I’m at least hopeful :smiley:

1 Like

Sculpt: Default brush presets and reset all operator

https://developer.blender.org/D6830

6 Likes

The main difference I see is that Pablo is actually using the tools he’s developing in the context of production himself, so he’s got the perspective of someone using his tools and has a clearer idea on how to improve them and what’s missing. Something I’m suspecting most developers don’t do and the reason why we end up sometimes with partially implemented features with little to no QoL.

11 Likes

@Bone-Studio Had a fun night with Pablo.

I wonder what he’s listening to on those headphones he’s always carrying with him. My guess is K-Pop and/or J-Pop. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Who is the guy next to him? he almost looks like him.

1 Like

One of his clones. How else do you think he works so fast?

12 Likes

Naah, it is one of the many clones who are escaped from Pixologic cloning facility who desperately tries to clone effective Pablo.

Sorry, had to :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hey! amazing and interesting night :smiley:

From left to right we are:

Zebus3D
Odin3D
Pablo Dobarro
and me, Juan Gea.

The future may look bright for Blender sculpt tools… it all I will say right now :smiley:

19 Likes

Ton just bought Pixologic? :wink:

2 Likes

No need to…

3 Likes

Anyone heard any hints or rumors when there will be true easy PBR material painting&baking coming to Blender. It would be true marvel and great feature especially for realtime graphics users(Unreal, Cryengine, Lumberyard, Godot users and so on)

I do not watch developer forums much and i am out of loop in this area.

2 Likes

Identities revealed… sounds like BlenderArtistsLeaks! :grin:

3 Likes

I think there are plans for multilayer texture painting but will take time and the development will probably start once Pablo feels satisfied with the sculpting tools in Blender.

6 Likes

Now that UDIMs are supported, it seems like the perfect time to add it. I don’t get any new updates to Substance Painter so I can’t take advantage of it their and I have no idea if Quixel Mixer will support UDIMs, so right now Blender is the only way I can paint in 3D across tiles.

4 Likes

Clone Wars :rofl:

3 Likes

Eagerly waiting for Vector Displacement Mesh Brushes (VDM) in blender.

3 Likes

Do you make use of VDM brushes in ZBrush? To me it turned out to be a much-anticipated gimmick with not much extra use than regular alphas. Even for stylized fur I prefer conventional alphas.

Besides, you can already use vector displacement on a material level in Blender.

1 Like

Dont forget 3DCoat. Let you paint PBR across Udim tiles for a long time.

4 Likes

I just felt like gushing a bit about the Slide Relax brush. Probably my favourite feature that came with 2.82. So freaking good when working on retopology and dealing with problem places in your mesh. Would be so good if it was available in Edit Mode as well since the devs wanted Edit Mode to be Retopology Mode as well (Would personally want a separate mode for it, but I digress.).

What are you guys’ favourite features from 2.82? :partying_face:

4 Likes

Since I’ve been using the latest alpha builds for a long time now I’m a bit confused when it comes to which feature came with which Blender version, sorry. :slightly_smiling_face: But my latest love is the Cycles viewport denoiser in 2.83 alpha.

4 Likes