Pagani Zonda F Finished

how much watts does it use at full speed?

thanks

@writerBlock, i know just what you mean, sometimes it can take half an hour just to find a ddecent image to use lol :S
cheers, the computer is brilliant, lightning quick, and surprisingly quite too

@Rickyblender, as is shouldnt need any more than 650 watts, but im getting a second video card (dont know why this is more than powerful enough lol) and im not sure how much that will push the power consumption up to yet :L

@Marius, well ive ran a few little tests, and its come back pretty damn good :smiley: the cpu isnt yet fully supported by windows 7 as its a brand new architecture but a fix should be in the next windows update so cant wait to see how that will improve it even more, but down to some figures :slight_smile: the car showroom rendered at 1080P on my other computer took a just under 18 minutes, on this one its 2 minutes and 11 seconds, thats with everything turned on and AA set to 8 :smiley: it does a full virus scan of the 500GB HDD in just under a minute, shuts down in 5 seconds and is up and running from a shut down in 22 seconds, using blender, having a bunch of downloads going, and files being imported from my other computer to this one doesnt get the cpu usage above 2%, so i can say pretty surely that even without it running at its top capabilities its a very powerful computer :smiley:

Btw sorry if my spelling seem a little weird (i havnt checked though) but im still getting used to this new keybaord, a microsft comfort curve 3000 (and all the reviews were right, its very comfortable but the gloss black attracts fingerprints like crazy lol.

why do you need a second vid card ?

still at 650 watts if let this run continously the elc bill will go up and that will create a lot of heat in a small room
might have to get an AC unit !

do you have CUDA on the vid card or not

but looks pretty fast

happy 2.6

Enough rushing its time to go high end bro. You are modelling these quick but than the look it the surfaces don’t look clean and sharp. To use a 2d artist analogy what you doing now is very much like gesture drawing its time to do a long pose drawing.

Post wires from edit mode, default materials, solid mode shading. This time you should aim for quality not I did it in a week bragging rights.

@RickyBlender, yes i know its alot of electric, but money isnt so much an issue for me so thats ok, as for the room size its 19ft by 11ft so open space is no issue either which im quite happy about as the computer is massive lol.

@Tyrant monkey, thanks for pointing out that im rushing too much, its just that i have always found that if i go at something full speed then it will get done quick but might be of a lower quality, but then the next time i take a little longer, right now im just trying to find the right middle between quality and speed, now atm this model is just a base mesh really, i will then go over tweaking and fixing untill im satisfied which can take a long time as im awkward to please :wink:

also its an AMD system not an intel/nvidia, i couldve put in an nvidia card but anyone who knows alot about the internal working of a PC knows that mixing an AMD processor with an Nvidia will create a bottleneck (same applies to an intel procossor and an AMD GPU) what would the advantage of a cuda card be anyway?

That is a massive difference!
What is AA?
Ja, that’s typically an issue with new architecture; the ability of the software to make use of it. They should write some form of bridge, that causes the hardware to worry about speed, instead of the software. Sort of like Blender that enables you to set how much of the system it’ll use.
That’ll take the pressure off of software developers to integrate with new hardware. Maybe a little ambitious, but it should also increase compatibility accross the different manufacturers such as NVidia and ATi.
Hopefully that’ll (the update) get your programs to actually use the power available! Then it should be fairly close to real-time render.
(^v^)

What a cool PC! Enjoy it on all of our behalfs, lol!
(^_^)

Don’t know what a cuda card is, lol, sorry.

cycles need cuda to run GPU otherwise it will only be CPU

salutations

thats with 8xAA :slight_smile: i know its a brilliant performance boost isnt it :slight_smile:
hopefully now i can be chucking alot nicer renders up ;D one thing ive noticed with blender when using cycles is that it will render faster if set to use 6 threads instead of 8, im assuming thats because of AMD turbo core pushing up the clock speed when cores arnt being used :S
real time rendering, now that would be amazing hehe.

oh i will, believe me LOL, btw i done another “test” to see how well its gaming performance is, so i chose my favourite game ‘fallout 3’ and cranked the settings to max with the output on full 1080P and not even the slightest bit of the lag was there, so im really happy i can do that, next “test” buy crysis and crank that to full.

oh i see, thats ashame, well hopefully cycles will be supporting AMD’s gpu architecture in the next updates too :slight_smile:

ask a specific question in another thread to get max out from this machine
and you might get good advices from peoples wroking whit it !

salutations

ok i’ll ask around, see what people know :slight_smile:

and for temp with free soft
it will give you what the normal temp is when it is new then over time you might look at it again and if there is a problem you will know what is the reference temp for your system

have fun with your new syst

happy 2.6

i was not happy with my tiles for ceiling

so i just finish redoing new tiles with precise imperial lenght 2X4 and 2X2 plus added real T bar rails
and it looks a lot better with the right dimensions now !
and i can use it anywhere else for other scenes in futur - i have the real thing now !LOL

hey i work with another fellow form England to make a script for light set up did you see or use it

might be usefull for your scenes you can change light setup with a few keys only !

salutations

cool sounds like a handy peice of software :slight_smile:

is that for the showroom render you were doing in cycles?
cant wait to see xD

i havnt heard of this script, sounds helpful have you got the link?

sorry just tested last post in ligth set up for script and it’s gone

i have to re upload it !

later this week i’ll let you know

happy 2.6

Ok mate cheers, it’ll be fun to play around with a new script :smiley:
just playing around with cycles now, seems good, results are coming out nicely and not taking long, but still sooooo much slower than im used to, but i can put up with it :slight_smile:

Since we all are kinda exited here admiring new rig and any moves towards subject of the thread are delayed :wink: - did ur old one also used former ATI, now AMD graphics in it? Could this be the reason why you’re not in cycles fan cycle:) ? I know that nvidia always was ati (amd now) competitor but i’ve never felt any reason why i should not use it on amd cpu’s surrounding chipsets. Due to intel leaving me without any chance of upgrade right after i chose one pc and ati driver mess, i happily live along with own built several amd/nvidia system generations upgrading and leaving them when feel to.
I wouldn’t deny BI renderer, still, if you’re not on a high-end hardware, mastering it might take more time one is willing to spend for finding it’s best. Cycles, based on GPU computing ( using nvidia’s CUDA for now , not AMD and OpenCL - GPU computing languages if you will ), is much faster in this, so despite not developed feature set it’s more pleasing, allowing for steeper learning curve. And it seems that Cycles is supposed to take BI role at some point.
Thanks to cycles threads, i, as a blender noob, am not anymore afraid of subject like compositor nodes, which was not the case before - there simply was no sufficient information on that. Now it’s just a matter of tackling some idea. Again - speed helps.
Enough yak-yak. If finances allow, i would recommend - stick in some nvidia with sufficient Compute Capability number and start Cycling. Try Tux also :).

Do not take that background off - as soon as you’ll do DDD or TM will come in with some edge flow for sure ;).

That made me laugh. (In a good way)
But all joking aside, edgeflow is important, and it really “makes or breaks” your model. Good topology distinguishes a noob from a professional, and makes your model look good. When sub-surf is applied, great topology makes a smooth model with no weird artifacts.
So if me and TM do “mess up” (correct) the topology, is for the best and one should learn from the corrections.

But yeah I enjoyed a good chuckle from that sentence :slight_smile:

Yea, you’re right. I was looking at your rz-m6 today - damn good, knowing that this is without blueprints as such, still i found some side view refs. Like this minimalistic flow.