I need working MD5 exporter and animated camera exporter for Doom 3. There is very good and robust MD5 exporter for Blender 2.49, but it doesn’t work with Blender 2.6x
What’s needed is to get that exporter, make it work with Blender 2.62 and 2.63+
Here is a mock up of the exporter’s GUI:
The workflow for exporting animated model is as following:
User selects rigged mesh (single surface / multisurface / several meshes) and armature. In the menu user selects File > Export > Doom 3 MD5 exporter and the above posted GUI shows up (with default settings as depicted).
User types in MD5mesh filename (.md5mesh extension will be added upon exporting), types in Action names as specified in the Action editor separating names with comas (Action name will serve as a filename and .md5anim extension will be added upon exporting). If there is no input in this field, the exporter shall export all available Actions.
If the model facing +Y (default to Blender) and Rotate model checkbox is on, the model will be rotated to face X+ axis as required by Doom 3. If the checkbox isn’t ticked the model will be exported as-is.
If there is no camera in the scene, Camera export checkbox should be unchecked (even if it’s checked, no camera file should be written).
If there is animated Camera in the scene and user wants to export it, (s)he should check the Camera checkbox and type in filename for the camera (extension will be added automatically upon exporting).
If user wishes to export only Camera and not the animated model, the checkbox Export Doom 3 model can be unchecked.
- Filename in the Blender file browser overrides MD5Mesh name in the GUI’s input field (if no filename specified, MD5Mesh name input field will be used);
- Existing files get overwritten if user used same filenames in the input field / browser window;
- Upon exporting material name should be written as shader name into .md5mesh file;
- Mesh (meshes) should be UV mapped and contain vertex group with names corresponding to deforming bones;
- The framerate set in Blender should be written into .md5anim file;
- Besides deforming bones, only bones in currently visible armature layers should be exported (deforming bones must be exported always);
- Mesh can be single, multisurfaced or several separate meshes (as long as they are parented to armature and have vertex groups).
- Only selected meshes and armature should be exported. Unselected objects should be ignored (especially true for custom shape bones).
- Each animation suppose to be a separate Action
- Animation length for each Action is determined either by frames where keys begin and end, or by the two markers placed for each Action, signifying beginning and end of the animation (presence of the markers overrides actual animation’s length).
- If there is no input in the Actions field, the exporter shall export all available Actions.
Budget is $50 (I know it’s not a lot, but considering that the exporter exists, it’s way less work to get it ported to 2.63+ vs writing it from scratch).
E-mail me at motorsep at gmail . com if interested. Must have PayPal (or a way for me to pay you using PayPal). Thanks.