I’m currently developing a game using Blender for content creation.
I need a script to automate my export procedure.
The script needs to:
- Slice/dice an object (the game world) into n*n tiles.
- For each tile…
- Separate it into its own object
- Create a new UV mapping and set the UV:s to “project from view, bounds”.
- Bake the full rendering into a new m*m resolution texture, and save it.
- Create a new material and assign the texture to it.
- Remove any other materials and UV mappings.
I think that’s it. The script will essentially divide my game world into reasonably large chunks and bake the full rendering into a top-projected texture, ready to be consumed by the game engine.
If you know you can do this, please PM me.
-Victor Widell / Baraboom