Thank you for all the candidate submissions- we are closing submissions for now. To those who have submitted, thank you and we’ve been in contact with you and will continue to keep you apace of the process.
My name is Jonathan Straw, and I am a partner in a new upstart studio Exploding Tuba Studios, LLC.
We are seeking out a short term contract for an experienced and fluent Blender artist.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Receive training on our game development art pipeline, then execute that training in a competent and creative manner.
- Execute pipeline workflow to…
- Model and UV unwrap low poly assets based directly on high poly concept models.
- Arrange, organize, and render templates of high poly concept models for paintover.
- Bake textures between two sets of UVs to create final game assets.
- A demonstrable fluency in Blender, specifically around such features as Unfolding UVs, packing islands manually for efficiency, baking textures, working with instanced groups and extracting groups into single user objects. I can’t stress this enough-- we only wish to train the pipeline process, Blender should already be second nature.
- Discipline to keep highly organized files and follow naming conventions.
- Attention to detail. Attention to detail!
- Ability to make efficient judgement on level of detail when caging high poly models.
- Having worked on a shipped title is ideal to let us know you understand the rigorous pace and demands of working against a deadline… but we can negotiate with a freshy/student that shows the talents we need.
- You must have access to a suitable workstation, internet connection, Google+ account (for hangouts), and the ability to connect with the team online during a PST working day (webcam.) We all telecommute, but we’re all studio professionals.
- Obviously an up-to-date install of Blender would be ideal.
- Having a license and proficiency in Photoshop CS5 would open up possibility for additional duties and work.
- You must be able to legally work for contract in the United States.
Who we are (Because we know our website is not publicly accessible yet.):
Exploding Tuba Studio is a game company spearheaded by four industry vets plus three contracted concept artists/animators ranging in disciplines from digital art, to game design, programming, writing, and even movie/television/video game music scores. We have a combined 30 years experience in our core executive members working for companies like Telltale Games, Disney Interactive, THQ, Namco, Lucasarts, EA, and Microsoft with dozens of game releases under our collective belt.
How to contact us:
Please PM me (Jonathan Straw) directly. To expedite the process, it would be helpful to include a link to your CV/Resume/Portfolio (whatever you have available) and an email address. If you could include a brief message in your PM as an informal cover letter, that would help me tons.
Thank you, and look forward to hearing from you!