Painful Memories - digital painting

hey guys,

well im working on a fairly large personal project at the moment which was starting to get the better of me, so as a small sub-project i took a small crop(about 1/15 of the full image) and decided to dress it up and play a little. anyways i really like the result, looking for crits at this stage so i can keep on going with it. The title is just my interpretation of the feeling of the artwork, im interested in hearing what you guys think about that.

-timmeh

http://www.exenex.com/timmeh/pain_memories.jpg

This is looking great! What are you using to create this? It looks very interesting.

Keep it up! = )

i’m using a combination of PainterIX and Photoshop CS2, I roughed out the image in Painter before moving into Photoshop to ‘tighten it up’, texturise, change colours etc.

did you put your face into a scanner for that?
the combination for some reason looks a bit strange to me… but… ohwell… nice style in the painted parts.
.b

looks extreemely nice!!! :smiley: :smiley:

i actually do the same method with using painter then photoshop, exept i only have painter essentials and then photoshop elements (they came with my tablet and i need to get full versions)

all in all wonderfull painting i know i can relate to it

thanks for the comments guys,

basse: lol no i did not put my face on a scanner :D, i know it doesnt quite fit, i was looking for that feeling of melancholy and unease.

Alfred Indamine: i’m glad you like it and can relate to the piece :slight_smile:

-timmeh

great pic,
i love it.

cheers.

Timmeh, you know if I can upgrade my photoshop 5 to CS2?

It seems I can.