i am trying to paint an alpha mask in the compositor.
Similar to painting layer masks in Photoshop.
I have two images which I mix together with a mix node.
I would like to use a black and white image in the “Fac” input of the mix node.
It would be ideal if I could create this black and white image directly in Blender.
What I have done so far:
- open UV/Image Editor
- create a new image by clicking the “Create new image” button.
- set the same size as my comp and naming it “myMask”
- created image node in compositor
- set image node to “myMask”
- started drawing on the “myMask” texture in the UV/Image Editor with the grease pencil.
The problem is, it doesn´t work. I can not see the grease pencis strokes on the image in the compositor window.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to do this?